In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[ROM] Pixel Experience Rom.

2019-06-22 22:03:54
880 9
Hi I want to install Pixel Experience Rom in my Redmi Note 5 pro. but there are two version of Pixel experience rom. which one is best for redmi note 5 in terms of performance? AOSP or CAF??
2019-06-22 22:03:54
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Izaias aparecido | from Redmi Note 5

CAF Uses drives / globs / libs directly from Qualcomm, theoretically more optimized.
I am currently using CAF PE editing, Fluency, Performance is fantastic supior the latest Stable Miui, PUBG allows me to play with HD graphics with High FPS by default
2019-06-23 00:22:25
Izaias aparecido replied at 2019-06-22 21:22:25
CAF Uses drives / globs / libs directly from Qualcomm, theoretically more optimized.
I am currently using CAF PE editing, Fluency, Performance is fantastic supior the latest Stable Miui, PUBG allows me to play with HD graphics with High FPS by default

plz give me the caf pixel experience rom for mi max 2 and installation steps because simple flashing of pe was succsesful but phone doesnt charge
2020-09-13 23:44:22

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=6345583470Ahmad Sair/url
plz give me the caf pixel experience rom for mi max 2 and installation steps because simple flashing of pe was succsesful but phone doesnt charge/quote

If a world wide web search leads you to this thread then maybe there is no caf edition for Mi Max 2 .
   With regard to flashing guide just read the developers flashing instructions  and flash rom again or choose another custom rom .

2020-09-14 17:14:25
Sarge7 replied at 2020-09-14 14:14:25
If a world wide web search leads you to this thread then maybe there is no caf edition for Mi Max 2 .
   With regard to flashing guide just read the developers flashing instructions  and flash rom again or choose another custom rom .

i have checked the installation guide and everyone says wipe and flash which works but the phone doesnt charge.......i also installed lineage os and it also didnt charge.....
2020-09-14 18:33:15

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=6345583470Ahmad Sair/url
i have checked the installation guide and everyone says wipe and flash which works but the phone doesnt charge.......i also installed lineage os and it also didnt charge...../quote

That does not sound a custom rom issue to me but rather a cable/wall adaptor , faulty charge port or very old battery .
   Have you flashed back to official miui rom since going to custom roms to convince yourself that this is issue with custom rom   
only ?
2020-09-14 19:21:43
Sarge7 replied at 2020-09-14 16:21:43
That does not sound a custom rom issue to me but rather a cable/wall adaptor , faulty charge port or very old battery .
   Have you flashed back to official miui rom since going to custom roms to convince yourself that this is issue with custom rom   
only ?

yes harging issue i solved not only when i flash stock rom but any custom rom based on miui.....AOSP roms give me trouble but i like them more than miui based ones
i really want to flash pe or aosip on my mi max 2
2020-09-15 14:16:01
Sarge7 replied at 2020-09-14 16:21:43
only ?

i have also checked using many softwares  that my battery is in good health......maybe it has something to do with fast charging so installed magisk module for that but no hope the doesnt even charge.....can it be a software issue?maybe its displaying the wrong percentage.....plus in some some installations guide it said to first flash latest devloper build i dont know what that means plz explain and maybe give me a link for the dev build for mi max 2(oxygen)
2020-09-15 14:23:51

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from app

Ahmad Sair
i have also checked using many softwares  that my battery is in good health......maybe it has something to do with fast charging so installed magisk module for that but no hope the doesnt even charge.....can it be a software issue?maybe its displaying the wrong percentage.....plus in some some installations guide it said to first flash latest devloper build i dont know what that means plz explain and maybe give me a link for the dev build for mi max 2(oxygen)

I am sorry I do not know the reason for non charging issue and web searching gives me no results .
   The installation guides you mention mean you should have the latest firmware installed .
   If you were previously using latest global rom V11.0.2.0.NDDMIXM then you will be using latest firmware when switching to custom rom .

2020-09-15 19:13:01
Sarge7 replied at 2020-09-15 16:13:01
I am sorry I do not know the reason for non charging issue and web searching gives me no results .
   The installation guides you mention mean you should have the latest firmware installed .
   If you were previously using latest global rom V11.0.2.0.NDDMIXM then you will be using latest firmware when switching to custom rom .

thanks for your help
2020-09-15 20:19:30