In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Announcement] Why global versions of MIUI Beta will be no more released after July 1?

2019-06-14 22:07:54

58,702 229
Wow. So much marketing BS in one single post...
MIUI Stable
This version is intended for all Xiaomi smartphone users*. Its primary advantage is stability. Software updates for the stable MIUI come regularly and securely; update frequency may vary from model tomodel, though. You can view stable MIUI as an evolved OS.

Yeah, sure. And ignore the vast majority of users here that tell you that the Betas are much superior to the stable ones and on top of that even also run more stable.
The stable path is really really slow: for the Mi 8 the camera was near to unusable with absolutely terrible image quality on the stable ROM until end of 2018/early 2019 - the bluetooth problems that were introduced or made worse in MIUI10 are still present in the actual stable ROM that not even supports AAC, the battery drain is really bad in the last stable ROMs, just to name three problems.
Add to that that from the last 4 stable ROMs two were pulled back shortly after release because of bugs - so much for the 'stable' and 'secure' update claim.

AND, LAST NOT LEAST: How are devs supposed to develop a stable ROM without releasing Betas to a wider user base? You really think you can release a stable GLOBAL ROM with those few Chinese closed Beta testers????
With that approach it really seems everyone outside of Chine should stay a way from Xiaomi devices in the future..

---always believe that something terrible is going to happen---
2019-06-15 19:27:00
Reply Report
Fisi01 replied at 2019-06-15 13:18:57
There is no good reason to release an update every week. Most of the time the updates are kind of cosmetic.
I suggest to release an update every month or even every quarter of a year. That would be absolutely enough

Yes, if the device would work as expected as it is e.g. with the Huawei tablets. There I nearly never missed an update besides maybe actual Android security patches since everything is working.
The missing L1 thing was solved quite quickly by Huawei there with an new stable ROM, so no need for Betas.

At Xiaomi the situation is different: The Beta ROMs work quite well and have actual features while the stable ROMs are released only sparsely and then be retracted, they still have major problems (on the Mi8 regarding bluetooth, partly GPS, OK,Google, battery) that are mostly solved in the betas since months.
2019-06-15 19:32:28
Reply Report
Fdroko replied at 2019-06-15 17:38:09
people install betas like those stupid people and they are not able to make proper feedback

As if someone here had ever cared about feedback anyways... :roll:
2019-06-16 01:02:11
Reply Report

Pro Bunny

JoVo008 | from MI 8

Fdroko
Should I, so you install a beta? to complain that it works badly?

Did you read the thread at all??
People here were not complaining about the Betas but say on the majority that the Betas run better than what Xiaomi Likes to call 'stable'.

The Betas are not perfect (and are of course not supposed to be totally bug free) but at least with the Mi8 they are desperately needed as the stable ROMs always come late and then are totally underachieving, regarding both features and stability.

And reported bugs seem to only barely of interest to anyone. Some very simple things were (and some still are) there over several releases, even if it was just a wrong setting of a single variable.
2019-06-16 08:25:18
Reply Report
So much for the secure part of the 'stable' ROMs:
https://c.mi.com/thread-2248593-1-1.html
2019-06-25 04:32:27
Reply Report
piermaz38 replied at 2019-06-27 10:01:10
So, what did we have to do if we have beta? Wipe all and comeback to bad stable version?

Why? Just keep the Beta until a better stable ROM is out...
2019-06-27 23:03:42
Reply Report
piermaz38 replied at 2019-06-28 08:00:22
So to comeback to stable i don't have to wipe anything? Just download the stable full Rom and install ? And it'll work ?

The phone IS fully wiped when going from stable to Beta or vice versa, so you need to have a backup (you should have before doing an update anyways..)

Other than that it's really just downloading and installing via updater app.
2019-06-29 16:48:55
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

10k Mi Fans
Redmi Note 7
Cast Away
Mi Love U & I
Bunny Winner
20K Mi Fans
Mi 9 & Mi 9 SE