In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Events

[Other] Roundup of X-Men Dark Phoenix Movie Event

2019-06-14 03:57:48
889 9

Hi Guys,

As you may or may not know I thankfully got the time to head down to London for the showing of X-Men dark phoenix at 20th century Fox at Soho Square.

We were greeted in the lobby by other Mi fans who were lucky enough to secure their place at the event that was promoted on the mi community and via Xiaomi UK social media accounts.

At the event, we were offered some wines and nibbles while we waited and caught up with some of the regular suspects at these London events.

As usual, our fine hosts from Xiaomi UK Alessandro and Giang welcomed us for coming to the event and shared their thanks to 20th century Fox for allowing us this opportunity.

And once I had completed quenching my thirst on one of the bottles of prosecco we headed into the cosy and comfortable mini cinema.
So as we all took our seats Alessandro had a few more words to say and then we buckled up to watch the movie.

Whilst watching the movie in this cosy screening room I noticed that the sound system was there amazing as well as the image quality of the projector being used.

Now down to the important thing. Was the movie any good?

I had seen mixed reviews about the movie before attending the event, but I can say I enjoyed this charter of the X-Men Origins series the must so far. The Jade Gray story has then always an interest for must X-Men fans and I'm glad it didn't disappoint.

The only thing that really takes away from the story is the timeline from all different episodes of X-Men movies.
I can't say to much without spoiling the movie because I'm not that kind of guy...

I'll just say this...

Think of these X-Men movies like they all have alternative realities that clash sometimes and you'll be ok if you overlook that.
But if you have OCD as a film critic, then sit this one out!

Once the event came to an end, some of us hang about to have a chat and put some faces to names from the Mi Community.
Then I dragged some people to the Irish pub around the corner.

Overall this was a great event and was very grateful for the opportunity to go into 20th Century Fox London.

So I'd like to take the opportunity to thanks Xiaomi UK for always doing a great job with organising these events.

Then we have to make a special thanks to 20th century Fox for allowing us to use your space.

I will soon have more on my trip to the Mi Store to do a video tour and an unboxing video of the Redmi Note 7.

Please Comment, Like or Favourite...

2019-06-14 03:57:48
Favorites5 RateRate
Thanks for sharing Ryan! "Then I dragged some people to the Irish pub around the corner." I never doubted you posses intense and dramatic sense of humour :P
2019-06-14 04:09:24

GunplaMad Author | from app

tomachas
Thanks for sharing Ryan! "Then I dragged some people to the Irish pub around the corner." I never doubted you posses intense and dramatic sense of humour :P

Yep! You know what I'm like by now.
2019-06-14 04:11:43

Spam Hunter

ScubyGB | from app

I very much enjoyed the even too, I'm no longer Scuba Steve... this was my first time watching X-Men so I'm now going to watch the others
2019-06-14 08:29:44

GunplaMad Author | from app

ScubyGB
I very much enjoyed the even too, I'm no longer Scuba Steve... this was my first time watching X-Men so I'm now going to watch the others

Yeah no more Scuba Steve! Guess I'm the only Adam Sandler out there. My wife hates Adam Sandler so much I have to watch it when she isn't home. Thanks for coming along. Hopefully we have another event with some activities in the future where we can have a good laugh.
2019-06-14 13:31:40

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Shame I had to go, would definitely have let myself be dragged to the pub :p
2019-06-14 14:52:45

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Sounds like you had a great night, further up north next time would be good
2019-06-14 23:12:53

Rookie Bunny

Tyranuus | from app

Was a great evening and the sound system was phenomenal. Thanks Xiaomi for making it happen.
2019-06-17 22:56:47
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9