In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Other] Official update V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM bricked my Redmi Note 5

2019-06-08 19:55:26

2,989 33
Same problem... This is so sad...
2019-06-08 20:22:29
Reply Report
:( that's sad... Please xiaomi, solve this
2019-06-10 07:38:28
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

floater3 | from Redmi Note 5

May I know what kind of loop were you getting? were you stuck in the manufacturer screen (Xiaomi logo)?
I ask because I'm facing the same problem, and I've tried all of those steps (except EDL mode because my bootloader is unlocked) and it always bricks with the most recent update! only works with the Oreo version of MIUI 10.3.1
2019-06-22 18:54:04
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Irisaindi
Sorry brother, since you have the device with unlocked boot loader, you should be able to install the latest Pie version without any issue.

You can try and do a factory reset; then try installing the latest Pie version - V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM (MIUI10) thru recovery (using 'Mi Flash Pro' tool after downloading the same in your local computer machine).SW SOURCE - https://en.miui.com/download-342.html#508.

Hello!
I bought a new device with locked bootloader. But I unlocked it and even with it unlocked I can flash the latest ROM but any Pie MIUI ROM is working. It always leads in bootloop (loops in the Mi loading screen)...
I tried MiFlash and all those tools. Also tried flashing through TWRP by wiping everything, and the same happens everytime.

There are not too much people with the same problem but I found a user in the forum that is facing the exact same problem! We've tried everything; it's only working with Oreo
2019-06-27 19:14:54
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Irisaindi
Hello @floater3,

I think you might have tried out Flashing the Pie verion ROM using both 'Fastboot' and 'Recovery' menthods (leaving the boot loader still unlocked).

but isn't it is the same thing? I say that because people use edl method when the bootloader is locked. As I have it unlocked, I think it will not make any difference am I right?
2019-06-29 17:56:18
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list