In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] Bootloader unlock on Linux.

2019-06-06 17:04:46
6949 12
It was really disappointing to find out that there's absolutely no support for Linux users! The Xiaomi tools seem to be oriented exclusively on Windows users. I'd perfectly do without Xiaomi software to be honest, if not for unlocking bootloader (as I used to do with my devices).  I've spent a couple of hours yesterday setting up a virtual windows machine just to be able to unlock my phone. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me (wasn't able to make it see my device). I've tried unofficial unlock tool as well (the only one in existence, Xiaomitool, I believe) out of desperation, but got 20041 error (Upper unlock limit reached). It is a shame that a user has to go through all of this just to be able to get their bootloader unlocked. I wish there were more support, transparency and information provided by Xiaomi.

As many, I'm impatiently waiting for Mi Unlock Linux release. I wonder though whether it's going to happen before I'll get a new phone, which won't be a Xiaomi one, that's for sure.

Is there at least a way to know my unlock status (how many hours I have to wait, whether I'm allowed to do it at all, etc) WITHOUT installing Mi Unlock, because I'm unable to (obviously). In order to know whether it's going to be worth the hassle to try to get Windows somewhere and get it finally done
2019-06-06 17:04:46
Favorites RateRate
Hey,

AFAIK, there won't be a tool for Linux as a user base is too low. You are maybe 4th user asking for Linux tool.

If you have to unlock BL, You have to find Windows PC.

2019-06-07 01:19:47
Did you try with WINE and/or on a ORACLE vm box?
I doubt we will ever see any XIAOMI software for LINUX or any OS other than the Windows inoperative system.
I have lots of Linux ZBOX systems laying around and sacrificed one just to install XP and apply for unlocking my devices.
While waiting I lost interest in UBL so I am not even sure if I ever got UBL authorisation and TBH I don't really care.

2019-06-07 03:58:15
Use a VM it's perfectly works with kvm/qemu and vmware. Wine is no good.
2019-06-13 06:06:46
Crossfiree replied at 2019-06-06 19:19:47
Hey,

AFAIK, there won't be a tool for Linux as a user base is too low. You are maybe 4th user asking for Linux tool.

Well were should we ask to get counted? I am using GNU/Linux and would love some official tooling, too.
2019-12-24 23:59:34
Hi, I think there is a program on linux that does this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com ... lash-linux-t3708847

long live open source
2019-12-29 02:07:36
I used the tool below, you may have tried it, but there have been some updates, maybe try again.

https://xiaomitool.com/V2
2020-01-01 19:49:24
What a waste of time. I've tried everything and all I get is that the tool I am using is "too old". THERE ARE NO NEW TOOLS FOR LINUX, you dimwits. I will never buy another smartphone this shitty if I live a hundred years. Thanks for nothing.
2020-07-06 01:40:49
Hi,

I'm a Linux user for long time and ignoring these O.S. users is a fault and not very serious. The Crossfire answer #1 is   hopeless and disgusting : saying that there were only 4 demands for a Linux tool for unlocking a Xiaomi phone doesn't mean that there is no need.
Unfortunately the others manufacturers do the same error.
But until when... For me, this customer respect will do the difference between the manufacturers.

Regards,

ThierryM

2021-05-04 02:54:45
Crossfiree replied at 2019-06-07 01:19:47
Hey,

Please count me in :)
2021-07-29 14:12:30
Windows doesn't recognize my Redmi Note 10 pro device, installed all the drivers I could find. no luck.
Now the windows-only tool is useless.

I'm very disappointed that there's no unlock procedure on Linux, where my device is detected without issues.

Damn Windows and Xiaomi on this topic. This is so unpolite of them.

And for the argument of lack of linux users, if that were true, projects like this wouldn't exists, where people put the effort to try reverse engineering what the windows tool does: https://github.com/francescotescari/XiaoMiToolV2
2021-08-22 18:47:10