In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[] Xiaomi 20w wireless charger

2019-06-04 00:50:11
1117 7

Hi Guys!

Ok, this is an amusing thread in a couple of ways, and definitely one that gives me a very public facepalm moment...

So, as you may recall, I was one of the people who purchased the AMAZING Xiaomi Mi 9 when it first came out.
In fact, I loved it so much that I gave it a very positive review!

I also ordered, from China, one of the 20w wireless chargers, as I really wanted to test this technology.

Well, this morning, it eventually arrived.

To call the packaging 'minimalist' is an understatement.

My understanding of Chinese isn't great (ok, it's non-existent) but this is definitely not a retail package that makes a song and dance about the world's first Qi wireless 20w charging capability...

As you'd expect with any Xiaomi device, it looks good and feels well-made. There are ventilation holes on the bottom, and when you plug the pad into your phone charger (using a USB C lead) and put a Qi-enabled phone on the charger, a green light will tell you that it's charging.

HOLD ON A MINUTE... THAT'S NOT A MI 9?!?!?

If you've been watching my threads you will see that like a fool I snapped up a 'bargain' in terms of getting a good deal on a Huawei P30 Pro.
This was 2 weeks before the whole Google debacle that I'm not going to get into...

So, of course this non-Xiaomi device isn't able to take advantage of the speedy 20w wireless power.

That being the case, I can't really give you a fully comprehensive review of this fast wireless charger :-(

Fear not though team! After all, the likelihood of me getting another Xiaomi phone VERY soon is VERY high!

Any questions, please ask!
2019-06-04 00:50:11
Favorites1 RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Have to admit this made me properly laugh :p
2019-06-04 01:56:37

Advanced Bunny

BrunoSPFC | from app

So a review, that it's not a review?!
2019-06-04 07:00:05

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

is your charger a 2pin or 3pin like the UK?
2019-06-04 10:55:24

GunplaMad | from app

Torlyn
Have to admit this made me properly laugh :p

I agree!

SirLukas you really are a creature of habit XD...

The rewards for impulse buyer of the MOD team UK goes to SirLukas.

Always looking for to hear what you and Tor have purchased on a weekly basis.
2019-06-04 13:16:16

Spam Hunter

ScubyGB | from app

I have both the Mi9 and the 20w wireless charger, they can be seen on my post from when I received it. The wireless charging of the Mi 9 is super fast, I've not compared the charging speed of wireless and cable however I do not think there is a great difference. The only positive of using the cable is that you can use your phone whilst charging, wireless it's a little difficult unless skipping songs on Spotify and so forth..
2019-06-04 14:21:30

Master Bunny

SirLukas Author |

ScubyGB replied at 2019-06-04 09:21:30
I have both the Mi9 and the 20w wireless charger, they can be seen on my post from when I received it. The wireless charging of the Mi 9 is super fast, I've not compared the charging speed of wireless and cable however I do not think there is a great difference. The only positive of using the cable is that you can use your phone whilst charging, wireless it's a little difficult unless skipping songs on Spotify and so forth..

Sorry Scuby I forgot you'd done this product already!
While wireless charging is 'cool' I'm not sure how much I'm really going to use it as I don't find being plugged in to a charger is particularly bothersome and it's much slower via wireless.
2019-06-05 20:04:42
SirLukas

Spam Hunter

ScubyGB | from app

SirLukas
Sorry Scuby I forgot you'd done this product already!
While wireless charging is 'cool' I'm not sure how much I'm really going to use it as I don't find being plugged in to a charger is particularly bothersome and it's much slower via wireless.

same here it's not ideal as it can't be used when charging but good for dropping down when getting home without hunting around for the end of the cable etc
2019-06-05 20:26:50