In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Android 10

[Q&A] Overheating problem on Mi 9 running Android Q Beta

2019-06-01 03:04:09
1521 2
So a week ago i've flashed the Q Beta and it's been fine for the first couple of days but then i've noticed that my device tends to overheat while performing the most basic of tasks like browsing the web or watching youtube videos. This problem was not present while I was using the official ROM, and moreover cpu temps didn't go higher than 60°C even under intense workloads, like playing Fortnite or Monster Hunter Stories. And for the past days it's been constantly spiking up up to 70°C whenever I used my phone.

Did any of you who've been using Android Q Beta on Mi 9 experience the same kind of problem and if you did, how did you resolve it? Because for me only putting it in the fridge for a while helps with the temperatures.
I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.
2019-06-01 03:04:09
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

DragonGod69 | from MI 8 Lite

It's completely normal when your using "beta" rom especially a new rom like Android Q it'll get in the future update better battery management. This is one of the common issues if you don't like it revert back to Stable and see if it's better.
2019-06-01 12:58:13

Advanced Bunny

1660927147 | from MI MAX

I'm on mi max and same happens to me. When WiFi or data are turned off for me it fixes the problem, but then I can't connect to the internet without draining my battery and overheating my phone.
2019-06-11 04:01:07