In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

[Feature Request] Setting default sim ( 1or2) for specific contacts and return call on same sim

2019-05-26 20:40:44
1434 9
Hello everyone,I have a MI9 and using dual sim card on the phone, with global ROM 10.2 with sim 1 for personal number and sim 2 with work number. I have setup the phone with default sim card for calls as sim1 and Internet for sim2. The problem is, whenever I have missed calls and try to call them back it always use the default sim and not the sim where the call /SMS came through. Another issue is when I need to quickly call someone from my contacts using my work number (sim 2)  it goes from sim1 and I need to cancel the call and old the finger to choose to call from sim2. Is there any way I can assign to different contacts what sim card to use?!  And return calls from the same sim where the call came from? Thanks for the help
Single Poll thread Total 28 Users Voted

92.86% (26)

3.57% (1)

0% (0)

3.57% (1)
Submit
2019-05-26 20:40:44
Favorites4 RateRate
Does anybody have an answer to this issue? This is a very important feature that is required in MIUI

2019-10-25 07:24:18
Do anyone or anyone from MI has an answer to this. We need an important update on this.
2019-10-28 06:12:55
It's unbelivable this feature is not already present. Years and years of dual sim and nobody needed it?

Maybe is it present under a different name o function? I know, it is possible to get that behaviour, using dual space (using two different default sim on each space, in addition to use a different contacts set...)
but it is not very comfortable to switch everytime form one space to the other...

2019-11-08 08:48:57

Rookie Bunny

6232088916 | from Mi 9T

incredible short sighted from mi on this. Android one has this feature yet mi ui v11 doesn't. It NEEDS to be included.
2019-11-25 15:36:19

Rookie Bunny

LoCau Author | from MI 9

And remember that it's more often with all assistant available talking to the phone and ask to make a call .. will always make the call with the wrong sim/phone number and while driving it's not good to use your phone to choose the SIM to dial from.
2019-12-01 05:03:46

Rookie Bunny

BoutTime2 | from mobile

Does anybody have an answer to this issue? This is a very important feature that is required in MIUI

Ok so I think I've worked out how Xiaomi have implemented this.

Basically under sim settings don't select a default sim for calls. That way each time you call a contact you are asked which sim you want to use. You have 5 seconds to choose otherwise it automatically uses the same sim you used to call that particular contact previously.

A good idea I reckon!
2019-12-22 02:54:11
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7

Rookie Bunny

LoCau Author | from MI 9

thanks boutime2 that's really helpful and yes it does the trick perfectly. weird thing is that its something I didn't ever saw on miui, maybe something new on miui 11?
there's still an issue with this, if you use any assistance ( Google or Alexa ) it doesn't popup the 5 sec and it just stays there waiting for a click.
2019-12-23 18:43:34

Rookie Bunny

LoCau Author | from MI 9

Well after a few days using the option "default SIM" without default SIM I understand why this need to be improved.
if you choose to call someone from contacts and you don't have any default SIM it just get stuck on the pop-up until you choose 1 or 2. I guess that's the same problem that happens with the Google assistant.
regarding the call history, yes it does work pretty good either for call or text.
2019-12-29 08:53:20