Dear Mi Fans,|
It's been a long-standing tradition for Android users to backup their apps using third party programs like APK Extractor, App Backup & Restore, Android Assistant. You might be thinking, why do I need to backup my apps in the first place? Well, everytime, you format or factory reset your phone, or the app is not working properly after updating, you need to search and re-download it either from Play Store, Mi App Store or from independent websites, which consumes lots of your valuable Internet data, and more importantly, time. But, if you already have your apps in APK form, then you're sorted.
To download APKs, you don't need any third party app, but Mi App Store will do it for you, without any additional Internet data consumption. For that you just have to follow steps as follows:
1. Open the Mi App Store.
2. The default screen will be Recommended apps with some options like Coins, Games & Tools at the bottom. Click on the Tools option, which will open a Tools page for you.
3. In the Tools page, click on the Settings icon, at the top right corner.
4. In the Settings menu, search and disable the option, "Delete Package: Delete The Package after Installing".
Now, it's done. Everytime you Download/ Update your apps using Mi App Store, the APK files of the apps will be stored on your phone.
To access the downloaded APK files:
1. open up the File Manager/ Explorer app.
2. Open AndroidData folder, locate & open 'com.xiaomi.mipicks' folder.
3. Click on Files folder & then, open APK folder which contains all the APKs of the apps you've downloaded or updated using Mi App Store.
And as if by Mi-gic (yes, I groaned at that one), your apps are all there, ready to be reinstalled at the click of a button :)
Note: Please, feel free to give your opinions and feedback in reply.
Thanks to Prince26712 for the original thread
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .