In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Malaysia

[Q&A] Unlocking My Phone (did not stole it, its mine)

2019-05-11 10:21:51
285 6
hi all,

just recently bought a pocophone f1 from someone, its complete with box and proof of purchase, so, i confidently say that its mine. when i got it from him, its in beta rom, so i can still log into the phone without problem, even logged into my mi account.
the problem starts when i wanted to move to stable rom instead. to my surprise, the phone need me to log into previous owner account which i do not the password of. and unfortunately, i cant access watsapp to contact the person. yes, its my only phone currently. tried mi website to unlock the phone with phone number and proof of purchase.. only to find out that my number country code isnt supported. is there another way to unlock my phone? please help, thanks
2019-05-11 10:21:51
Favorites RateRate

Device team

royhard | from Redmi Note 5

possible to bring it to service center?
2019-05-11 12:39:17

Master Bunny

d4rm4N | from Redmi 7

ask your friends who have sold it to you that you need a password to unlock your device
2019-05-11 12:45:55

Device team

royhard | from Redmi Note 5

yes if there is no other way, u just have to get back your whatsapp in secondary phone and contact him again. otherwise, tough luck.
2019-05-11 12:56:06
r u  sure that's was not a stolen phone.....
2019-05-21 05:21:02
Ask the guy whom you bought it from. most probably tied to his acc
2019-05-23 00:07:15

Malaysia MIUI Fans Facebook
Join Here!

Pro Bunny

Ju-One OneXOX | from Redmi Note 5A

u login mi acc.. but not bind that to ur mi acc.. so that phone still bind to old owner mi acc
2019-05-24 09:46:08