This post was edited by subbu2582 at 20:59, May-30-2018 |
Before you continue reading further, I'm not responsible for Bricking your device, please try at your own risk
Please continue reading if you have bootloader unlocked. If not, you might want to unlock your bootloader before you can try these steps.
- Boot phone into fastboot (Volume down + Power)
- Install TWRP
- Boot into recovery (TWRP)
- Press on "Keep read only" on the first page that is presented in TWRP
- Connect phone to PC
- Type "adb devices" and ensure connectivity
- Type "adb shell"
- Type "setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1"
- Type "exit"
- Type "adb reboot"
Once your phone boots up, install BSG Google camera port
Download the camera from MGC 5.2.022.apk
Open camera, and below are some settings I did to get better photos as compared to stock camera
Settings -> BSG mod settings
- Model New style Pixel
- HDR+ parameter - Super High
- Fix back camera (black level)
- Final jpg quality HDR+ 100%
- Zoom in portrait for back and front camera - 1.0 (without zoom)
Settings -> Developer settings
- enable camera.p3
- enable camera.enable_hwhdr
Please verify the photos taken from Google camera vs Stock camera for analysis
Google Camera photo
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .