In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tools

[File Manager] Deleting files on SD card does not free up space on SD card

2018-05-18 01:35:50
279 3
I'm facing this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comments/5dpuqi/deleting_files_on_sd_card_does_not_free_up_space/

when I delete a big folder, it's not deleted, but moved in "system data" instead, I remove the card, I plug it in my pc and my pc says that the device has to be checked for errors, it runs the check and then creates a folder named found.000, if I delete this, the free space is regained! I've already formatted my sd card, same issue happened!
2018-05-18 01:35:50
Favorites1 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

patrickdrd Author |

I've got a similar 1gb of data in internal too but this should be the mi cloud backup?
is it stored locally?
how can I delete it?
(I'm root)
2018-05-18 07:45:13

Rookie Bunny

patrickdrd Author |

I noticed the same thing happens when I delete a large file from the internal storage,
is this a nougat feature or a miui one?
any way I can force android to delete these files instantly instead of moving them to system data
and maybe deleting after reboot?
2018-05-19 07:42:37

Rookie Bunny

patrickdrd Author |

I formatted it to exfat and I think it does the job (instant delete), finally!
2018-05-19 08:37:15