Phillip Lecther was riding a pettiicab when all off a sudden, the vehicle was involved in an accident. Instead of being being ejected from the cab, the force of the accident slammed Lechter against the wall of the cabin he was riding in. This force caused the Apple iPhone 6 in Lechter's front pocket, which was nestled inside a leather case, to bend and catch on fire.
While not every bent phone will puncture the battery, in this case, it did. The subsequent fire caused a second-degree burn on Lechter's leg measuring 11.5cm x 10.5cm in size, surrounded by an area of first-degree burns. Being ensconced in a leather case didn't protect the iPhone 6 from getting bent.
It would seem that if this incident proves anything, it is that a smartphone that bends not only looks pretty bad, it also can cause serious bodily harm to the user. In defense of the iPhone 6, the force of the impact might have damaged other smartphones as well. Unfortunately, because of the previous reports detailing how easily the Apple iPhone 6 Plus bends, the first thing that comes to mind is that the build quality of the iPhone 6 was somehow responsible for what occured.
Apple iPhone 6 bends and catches on fire
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .