In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Feature Request] DT2W - Double-tap to wake

2014-09-19 18:53:30

37,873 382
It is actually not a really good idea to have double tap to wake on Xiaomi Devices as the screen is not OLED. In OLED devices, the display is able to control individual LEDs to light up or turn off, thus their display projects black by turning off the display so having double tap to wake is not too battery consuming. However in Xiaomi devices the use of IPS LCD inhibits the use of double tap to wake as the screen is not turned off when projecting black colours, thus it will be highly battery consuming to have it.
2014-09-20 12:02:44
Reply Report

Pro Bunny

Bughinirari | from mobile

What I meant was having double tap to wake on a LCD screen will be extremely bad for battery life as it can't be switched off, unlike OLED displays where black is projected by switching off the LEDs.
2014-09-20 23:21:43
Reply Report

Pro Bunny

Bughinirari | from mobile

Well, I was just saying something I saw from some other website. So just ignore me as I am wrong.
2014-09-20 23:35:06
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2020 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list