In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Rumors] Samsung Galaxy S5 to use LTPS LCD display made by Sharp, not AMOLED

2014-01-06 17:12:42
831 1
This post was edited by Iyengar 17:18,Jan-06-2014

Here’s yet another conflicting rumor about what type of display the Galaxy S5 will employ. According to a report by Tencent, Samsung will be using an LTPS LCD display made by Sharp on its 2014 flagship, instead of an AMOLED unit made by Samsung itself. Samsung has reportedly hit a few production issues with 2K AMOLED displays and can’t produce enough units to meet projected Galaxy S5 sales volumes; the company also wants to bring flexible AMOLED displays to the mass market by 2015, and these reasons have made it turn towards Sharp for the S5.

Samsung recently bought a 3 percent stake in Sharp, so it’s plausible that it will be making good use of that stake, but as we’ve seen with every rumor in the past that has suggested that Samsung will be foregoing AMOLED display for its next flagship, this one will likely turn out to be false. But in case it does turn out to be accurate, we can hope that at least the Galaxy F – the rumored super premium Galaxy S5 that will employ a metal body – comes with an AMOLED display.

Source Sammobile
2014-01-06 17:12:42
Favorites RateRate
This is something which I can't take it. I bought my S4 for 4G and didn't get it in i9500. Now, they are rumoring with this ^ ^ ^ .{:m020:}
want to Sue them..{:m010:}
2014-01-06 17:14:55