In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Announcement] Android Q Beta out on Mi 9 and Mi MIX 3 5G

2019-05-07 09:54:29

159,727 235

happybuddhist | from app

Great news! Thanks for sharing.
2019-05-08 10:13:52
Reply Report

happybuddhist | from app

Ramshankar
I'm expected POCO F1 will be in the list, disappointment

It's only a Beta 3 release for Android Q. Google announced initial support for only 21 devices in Google i/o, which included the aforementioned Xiaomi devices (only). More devices, including POCO F1 (obviously) will be supported as soon as Google releases it.

Cheers! :-)
2019-05-08 13:28:19
Reply Report

happybuddhist | from app

Abycho_LG
Is this a pure Android Q (something as Android One) for the two Xiaomi phones or a MIUI beta Andro ...

It's stock.
2019-05-08 20:05:12
Reply Report

happybuddhist | from app

Abycho_LG
Would it be the first step to kill MIUI?

Haha. No. This is just Beta 3, a test version sent to OEMs to learn the new OS and make changes. MIUI will be based on Q - which will be released later in the year.
2019-05-08 20:49:10
Reply Report

happybuddhist | from app

Abycho_LG
Yes, I know. But if beta can run now maybe later the stable can run also.

MIUI is Xiaomi's one of the sources of revenue. Will you be working without a salary? No, right? :D It's the same. This is just pushed out by Google, as an example for what to expect with the main release. All OEMs will have their own take on this one. MIUI too.

2019-05-08 21:40:11
Reply Report

happybuddhist | from app

Abycho_LG
Then Android One phones only.

Even Android One will have slight differences. This is exactly what stock Android is. Android One and Android Go are stripped down versions of AOSP. It's very minimal differences, mainly under the hood. But you get the point, right? Most OEMs will work on stock Android for their own UI, not the smaller versions of it.

2019-05-08 22:49:52
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Mi A3
MIUI 9th Birthday
Mi 9 SE
My Country My Pride
Global Fans
Mi 9T