In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Events

[Other] Roundup - Meet Mi Explorers and Mi 9 in London!

2019-03-11 23:57:33
1555 16

Hey Mi Fans!

Hope your week is off to a great start! Mine it's starting very well and it's thanks to all the Mi Fans who participated in our London Meetup last Saturday, making it a great day

I would also like to thank Daniel (DaCruz) and Billy (BillyMay), our Mi Explorers - and Torlyn, our SuperModerator for helping out before and during the day!

Ok enough, I'll cut to the chase.

Our room was set up in different areas. The Experience Zone had different phones, including the start Mi 9 and Mi MIX 3, Xiaomi Mija Sphere, Xiaomi Mi Laptop Air 13 and a gimbal set for comparison between normal and wide angle using a Mi 8 and Mi 9.

Just next to the Experience Zone we had Mi Explorers special kit, including the fantastic suitcase designed by DaCruz.
People were pretty excited about it!

Mi Fans had a chat and tried/compared the products available, so we can definitely call this the chatting area.

We then moved to play a couple of games, the first one was Guess the price! More precisely, we showed different Xiaomi products to our Mi Fans and asked them to guess the total cost of the products. Some results were pretty accurate while others were nowhere near the actual total cost as you can see from the reactions below
Anyhow, our winner went back home with a fantastic Amazfit Bip!

The second game was Taken with Mi 9 or DSLR? And again we showed 10 photos and asked our Mi Fans to guess whether the photos were taken with Mi 9 or a professional DSLR camera. This was a tricky one as only one photo was not taken with Mi 9! However, we had 5 players ending up with the same results which meant... Play-off!

For the Play-off the 5 (un)lucky fans had to draw the back cover of Mi 9 Explorer Edition, obviously with no access to any photo. Check the results below!

And the best design was...

Pretty accurate, ah?

Thank you, everyone, and stay tuned for the next events!

2019-03-11 23:57:33
Favorites7 RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

DaCruz | from app

It was great to meet everyone. I hope everyone had a great time.
2019-03-12 00:41:03

Semi Pro Bunny

shingpkp | from app

thank you. had fun as always. if you r missing the mi laptop air, it's not me...
2019-03-12 01:11:23

Pro Bunny

Zethazed | from app

great to see finally some faces to associate them with their nicknames!
2019-03-12 02:39:41

Admin

Torlyn | from app

shingpkp
thank you. had fun as always. if you r missing the mi laptop air, it's not me...

Not me either, tried but the sporran was waaay too small for it. Seriously, great seeing all of you :)
2019-03-12 03:27:23

hanizzo | from app

Looks like it was a good day...:)
2019-03-12 04:51:19
looks like a good meet up. I look forward to going along to another, enjoyed Edinburgh
2019-03-12 06:03:33

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

That looks like you had a good time, can't wait until you come up north with the next meet, I will definitely be there
2019-03-12 08:39:26

Pro Bunny

yvnkstvr | from app

I'd have nailed the "guess the price" game if I were there, haha
2019-03-12 09:51:58
Mi since 2013

GunplaMad | from app

Sorry I wasn't there. Looks like everyone had fun... Great to hear everyone had a great time and I'm sure Tor and Alessandro kept everyone entertained. Did Tor show you what's under the kilt XD...
2019-03-12 14:32:35

Admin

Torlyn |

GunplaMad  replied at 2019-03-12 06:32:35
Sorry I wasn't there. Looks like everyone had fun... Great to hear everyone had a great time and I'm ...

Shhhh, don't say that, it was where the Mi air was hidden *walks away very, very carefully* :P
2019-03-12 17:04:49