In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MWC

[Announcements] Revealing all the secrets underneath Mi 9's screen

2019-03-06 20:05:25
7927 17
Hey Mi Fans!

Today, let's focus on the Mi 9's screen. As we know, Mi 9 has a 6.39-inch Samsung AMOLED display with an extremely narrow chin. The display is a Samsung panel with Full HD+ (2,340×1,080) resolution, 103.8% NTSC wide colour gamut, and brightness up to 600 nits. It is equipped with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 (GG6).

What else do you know about the screen? Let Mi tell you!

Inside the body of Mi 9, there is a highly sensitive in-screen ambient light sensor. It can pick up ambient light transmitted through the OLED screen and sense changes in ambient light.

Mi 9 features an immersive experience made possible through customisation: the in-screen sensor, miniaturised selfie camera, and ultrasonic proximity sensor allowed us to get a 40% narrower chin, down to just 3.6mm. Because of the new technology of Full-Screen Display, Mi 9 screen-to-body ratio is up to 90.7%. That's impressive!

Sunlight Mode 2.0 improves contrast and optimises colour display when used outdoor. Our high brightness mode adaptively adjusts the display under strong light and boosts brightness up to 39% compared to standard mode.

The contrast in the image below clearly shows how the image has been adjusted to be visible under the "Sunlight Mode 2.0".

When you are in low light, Mi 9 offers screen dimming optimisation to make sure that accurate colour reproduction with colour gamut compensation is applied. Because of this technology, users will not be dazzled even in low-light environments and the phone can show more details of the dark part.

The eye protection technology got the certificate from VED. In reading mode 2.0, colour temperature levels increased from 32 to 256 levels with smoother brightness transition.

Mi 9 supports Always-on colour display and you can customisable AOD patterns and make it yours.

Furthermore, Mi 9 introduces a Dark mode. This means that when Dark mode is active, display power usage is decreased by 83% under full brightness and decreases display power usage by 50% under half brightness. Dark mode will switch all system colours from white to black and this way you can save lots of battery juice thanks to the AMOLED screen.

As a result of the evolution of the Full-Screen Display, Mi 9 gives us a perfect viewing experience.

Do you like what you see?

If you have anything want to know about Mi 9, please reply in the comment below, community will answer.

2019-03-06 20:05:25
Favorites17 RateRate

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

Speakers, how do they compare to other flagship devices? This is really important for me.
2019-03-06 21:09:15

Semi Pro Bunny

drgunlove | from app

Great tech!
2019-03-06 22:30:42

Rookie Bunny

darrenmillar | from app

YuTech
Speakers, how do they compare to other flagship devices? This is really important for me.

the speakers are quite loud. I tried them at MWC.. not the loudest, but quite clear.
2019-03-06 23:54:19

Rookie Bunny

Super Shrinivas | from mobile

Amazing to know this. Wow.
2019-03-07 16:56:06

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

darrenmillar
the speakers are quite loud. I tried them at MWC.. not the loudest, but quite clear.

lol most speakers are loud, I'm talking about the quality of it rather.
2019-03-07 17:45:47

Rookie Bunny

darrenmillar | from app

YuTech
lol most speakers are loud, I'm talking about the quality of it rather.

"quite clear"
2019-03-07 21:16:43
Thanks,
Nice Post.
2019-03-07 21:38:29
sojib

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Really looking forward to seeing these on Saturday,especially the eye protection mode, a really important thing for me
2019-03-08 01:38:36

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

darrenmillar
"quite clear"

lol. A lot of speakers are 'quite clear' too. I'm talking about bass, trebles etc etc.
2019-03-08 07:42:49
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #10