In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MWC

[Mi Explorer Travel Journal] Departing to BCN and Arrival - Billy

2019-02-23 18:08:31
148 3
Today was the day - the early 4am start, two flights and travel to Barcelona to meet up with the other Mi Explorers before the event at MWC tomorrow. Started off pretty normal with a 4:45am taxi to Belfast International Airport, a quick coffee then got the first flight over, but it was a fairly no-frills experience.. as Ryanair isn't known for being super fancy, at least they were polite and got us away and to London on time.         

Arriving in London Stansted, it was incredibly foggy and a bit misty, so I was craving a bit of Spanish sunshine all the more, but before all that I was tasked with gathering my luggage, rolling it around the corner and rechecking it for the onward flight to Barcelona at the Ryanair desk. Everything went smoothly, and I love being in Stansted Airport, but upon boarding my second flight, disaster struck and we were forced to wait on the tarmac for about an hour and 45 minutes.. everyone was pretty tired as this was still fairly early in the morning.. needless to say, everyone was dozing a bit and I made a new friend

Eventually, we took off and the flight went smoothly. I arrived a little bit late into Barcelona after the delays and my fellow Mi Explorers were all in town exploring together, so I hopped a train to go and meet them... although I wasn't exactly sure how to use the trains system or which one to get on, I got there thanks to some very helpful Spanish Train Employees, and I found my fellow Mi's in the center of Barcelona on the beautiful La Rambla near Plaça de Catalunya.

Now, I don't want to ruin any surprises, but after we met up, we got some food and some exciting stuff went down and we're staying in a pretty sweet hotel, but that stuff will have to wait until tomorrow ;)

Night all.

-Billy

2019-02-23 18:08:31
Favorites1 RateRate

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Great update, love the second picture...

If that's the hotel in the last image it looks fantastic
2019-02-23 19:07:00
no mi without you

Rookie Bunny

1884423780 | from app

enjoy your trip, I'll see you soon!
2019-02-24 10:23:30
I love your ''not impressed face'' :P
2019-02-24 12:09:39