In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MWC

[Mi Explorer Travel Journal] Expectations - Billy

2019-02-13 18:01:42
205 4
The more I think about MWC, the more excited I get, and being given the opportunity to work with a brand like Xiaomi.. well, it's a dream come true.      

I have spent time thinking about what kind of device Xiaomi is releasing.. what they are suprising us with in Barcelona.. and believe me, there are tons of rumours out there about what this device is.. what it does.. how it will change your life.. foldable screen.. or even the new 5G standard for mobile data..

But I'll tell you what excited me:

I'm a filmmaker, a photographer and there is pretty much a camera in my hand any given time. I have big cameras, expensive cameras, even small waterproof cameras and cameras that can shoot incredible 360 photos and video, but you know what.. the camera that use most of all is the camera on my mobile phone - this is what I want, a camera that is like my DSLR that I use all the time, but it's in my pocket all the time.

Personally, I hope that it's the Mi 9 that I have seen so much talk about - large megapixel camera, big screen, several different lens options and great battery life.

This would change the way I use my mobile phone camera, because until this point, it has always been a hassle for me to shoot proper quality video on my phone and then get it to my computer to edit - I'm not asshamed to say that I have used an iPhone for many years and currently have an iPhone XR, but have always been on the look out for the phone that would come along and make it worth my while to leave the Apple ecosystem and make the jump to Android.

What I see with the Mi 9 (or this next generation of smartphones) is a convergence of technolgy, a mobile phone that can also double as a solid, high-quality video camera and takes mobile photos you'd be happy to get printed - remember when people printed photos?

I'd love a camera I am happy to have with me and lets me express myself without me being upset that I forgot my larger camera when I go out of the office or on a trip. A way to save clips to an SD card and the transfer them to my computer like I would my bigger cameras. It'd have great low light photo and video performance and maybe throw in some high frame rates - now that'd be AWESOME.

At the end of the day, I just want to tell amazing stories, and the camera I have with me is my best capture asset.

Whatever it is, I know Xiaomi is going to bring something really amazing into the marketplace, and I am super excited to be a part of it and show you guys what it can do!

Billy

2019-02-13 18:01:42
Favorites4 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

DaCruz | from app

Great text. Even though I'm not in your line of business that's exactly how I feel. I love mobile photography and video and that's what I usually use,my mobile device and that's the aim. A pocket tool of all trades.
2019-02-14 06:02:52

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

I too love photography and until I got the mi8 a few months back it was always a disappointment to use a mobile phone, I think in the last 6 months I've taken more photos than in the last 5 years
2019-02-14 13:51:32
no mi without you

Semi Pro Bunny

drgunlove | from app

Great Post! look forward to reading your posts ( and the other Explorers) about reports from Barcelona!
2019-02-15 00:37:47

Semi Pro Bunny

mshiv3 | from app

by theway...great views....
2019-02-16 15:22:27