In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MWC

[Mi Explorer Travel Journal] Selected as Mi Explorer - Billy

2019-02-03 17:08:23
533 7
Hey Everyone,

I'm Billy and I am one of the selected Mi Explorers from the UK - Belfast, Northern Ireland to be exact!

I'm a visual storyteller and love tech, drones and travel, so I was totally speechless and in shock when I found out that I was going to be heading out to MWC in Barcelona later this month among the chosen Mi Explorers.

I run a video festival called Power of Video in Belfast each year where we invite 15 video creators (like Casey Neistat, Peter McKinnon, JerryRigEverything and more) from around the world to come to Northern Ireland and go on an epic trip and to teach our audience how to be creative in video - so I guess it's time for an epic trip of my own.

I fell in love with Xiaomi when I was filming in China last year, and was really excited when I saw there were stores opening in the UK! I even made the pilgrimage to the new Xiaomi store in Westfield London last week and got to check out the new Mi Mix 3 in person - love that sweet, sweet slide action.

I currently have a Mi Pad 4, Mi Jia Electric Scooter, Mi Band 3 (since upgraded to an Amazfit Cor), several Xiaomi Mi 20000mah Power Banks, numerous home automation things like the Smart Bulbs, Switches and a Xiaomi 70mai Dash Cam - needless to say I love the brand and company ethos.

One of the biggest things that I am interested in is mobile camera technology for video and photography and the growing mobile gaming market at MWC. The best camera is often the one you have with you, so continually stuffing more megapixels, stabilization and quality into the cameras on our phones is very important to me.

I'm starting to pack a bit and plan what's coming with me gear-wise to Spain - what do you think I should bring?

At MWC, I want to discover more about Xiaomi and what goes into creating the amazing technology that goes into their products, as well as seeing all the sights of Barcelona. I'll be uploading photos and Inststories while I'm away, and you can follow all my adventures here in the Mi Forum, as well as on Instagram - @billymay - www.instagram.com/billymay

Thanks, everyone!

Billy

2019-02-03 17:08:23
Favorites7 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

DaCruz | from app

It's going to be a great adventure
2019-02-03 19:27:59

Advanced Bunny

BillyMay Author |

DaCruz replied at 2019-02-04 00:27:59
It's going to be a great adventure

Yes indeed, very excited to see what we can create, Daniel!
2019-02-03 19:43:28

GunplaMad | from app

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your content. Make sure to get your hands on the prototype OLED phone. XP
2019-02-04 01:05:52

Advanced Bunny

BillyMay Author |

GunplaMad  replied at 2019-02-04 06:05:52
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your content. Make sure to get your hands on the prototype OLED  ...

Now that sounds like a plan, OLED is the way forward!
2019-02-04 05:22:03
hi Billy, Im so excited for you ,wish i could have gone, looking forward to reading all about it
2019-02-04 12:48:00
no mi without you

Advanced Bunny

BillyMay Author |

spud77 replied at 2019-02-04 17:48:00
hi Billy, Im so excited for you ,wish i could have gone, looking forward to reading all about it

Yea man, hopefully, I can relay all the exciting goings on!
2019-02-06 05:19:35

Advanced Bunny

versha02 | from app

ok  rhank you
2019-02-07 04:12:35