In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Community

[Feedback] Mi Mods: What We Do To Help Mi And You - One Year On

2018-10-25 02:43:43
1924 10
Hello Mi Fans

How i managed to draw the short straw today, ill never know.

SERIOUS THREAD ALERT
(and they give me that job? Did no one read my last thread?)

Well today I'm going to attempt to give you all a little insight into what We as Mi Community Forum Moderators do to help Mi and You.

Well let us begin, When we were carefully hand picked (no idea how i got here, scraping and barrel, spring to mind) from billions upon billion of UK Mi fans, we were all given a memo (does anyone actually read memos?) on what we were expected to achieve as Mi Community Forum Moderators

Our roles are simple, keep the Mi Community UK Forum moving, be the cogs, the hamsters on the wheel, be the work horse in the back ground, beavering away under the cover of darkness and to help people create good, quality and enjoyable work for the whole Mi community to enjoy.

So what do we do?

Well, that depends on you and the content you create.

You may have noticed that when you create a thread or ask a simple question, your thread seems to disappear and all of a sudden that one line comment or a small paragraph becomes a huge essay or work you didn't create.

BUT YOU DID.

That problem you had, that query you made, that issue you found, the thread that was lacking in little bits and pieces, we helped edit, we helped improve.

We took the spark you brought and turned it into a shining light for everyone to enjoy.

We add pictures, edit punctuation and help put your idea on a platform so everyone else can enjoy YOUR WORK.

We work behind the scenes to make sure YOUR WORK is the best it could be.

BUT....... We don't want to be doing this forever......We want you to learn how to produce GREAT WORK that is going out to the masses.

The UK Mi COMMUNITY is in its infancy, its at humble beginnings, but before long when Xiaomi build a bigger UK presence, hopefully, more and more people will join and YOUR WORK will be available to everyone to see.

So we try our best to help YOU create work that can be fun, enjoyable and entertaining for the masses.

So if you have posted a small thread and suddenly that small paragraph has turned into a work of art, that was the work of the Mi Mods, its what we do to help MI and YOU.

We take your issues and turn them(or at least try) into a more enjoyable content.

Rules
We have rules, just like everyone else and we also help the Mi Community stick to the rules that help everyone get along with each other.
We also make sure any offensive, rude, distasteful or inappropriate comments or threads are removed.
The Mi community is for everyone, so we help keep it family friendly.

There are also Sub-forum rules which help keep each sub-forum tidy.

Why do we need sub-forum rules?

Well that's simple, due to the diversity of Xiaomi, each sub-forum is completely unique to the other, so rules that apply to Phones wont always apply to Pictures, so to make life a lot easier, make sure you read the rules or each sub-forum to make sure you adhere to Mi Community rules and Mi Community Sub-forum rules.

Each set of sub-forum rules can found below each Mi Community Mod Introduction, which you will find below.

Some things we dont do?

We don't delete threads or comments that complain or criticise Xiaomi products or devices. We keep everything you say and care about and make it understandable to the masses, lets face it, not everyone is so clued up about technology.

I mean, I cant be the only one who thought a SnapDragon we a Game Of Thrones Character?

How do The Mod Team Work?

Well we all have different roles which all tie into our expertise(scratching head) and we all bring something unique to the Mi Community.

Who are We and what do we do?

Well here we go, Stick the kettle on, put your feet up and let me begin.

We can start with the person who brought all these misfits together....

Admin

Nelly scoured the Internet (for around 5 minutes) and managed to create the team of Mods that you can turn to for help and guidance.

"Hi Mi Fans I'm Nelly, Community Manager for Western Europe, currently based in Beijing HQs. I Joined Xiaomi one year ago, but I've been a big Xiaomi fan even before joining the company. Mi Mix2s is my fav. Phone. Love travelling, animals and dancing."

Admin

The Mi Community Team. Like any in the Xiaomi Team can help with issues.

The Mi Community Team create helpful threads like this to help guide us all in creating quality threads.

He's the only guy we know who gets custom trousers taylored with 20 pockets, one pocket for each phone, he doesnt carry cash or keys or anything else for that matter, just phones.

SirLukas is one of our original Mi Community UK Moderators, he's been around in some capacity since the Mi Community Uk was in nappies, one of the original Beta Testers who helped iron out any creases before the Mi community Uk opened to the public.
You will find SirLukas hanging out around the Phones area of the Mi Community UK.

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's SirLukas, moderator of the various phones section & tech magpie extraordinaire...

When I'm not prowling the forum I'm building up a cache of gadgets - and using the boxes to build a den"

You can check out one of SirLukas' threads below

He has had a shave since this photo was taken

You will find GunplaMad helping out in the Phones Sub-Section.

When hes not heping out around the Mi Community UK you will find him roaming the Glens of Scotland and putting his Mi Mix 3 to good use.

if you dont already know, he was one of the lucky winners of the Mi Explorers Mi MIX 3 Edition - Be the FIRST to try our new MI MIX 3!

"Hi Guys, GunplaMad here.. I'm an Irishman living in bonnie Scotland! I'm sure there's a joke for that some where? I'm all about Phones and worked with them for many years. I'm passionate about all Xiaomi products and the future of our connected lifestyle in different areas that Xiaomi are doing. Happy to help in anyway possible!"

you can find one of GunplaMad's thread below.

CLICK in each subforum For A Guide To Mi Phone Section Rules

(no, not a naughty boy from wales wearing a dress)

You will find badboyofrock moderating the groups below.

Hey Rockstars, thanks for stopping by! I'm badboyofrock and I'm the moderator of the Photo, Xiaomi, Tech and Apps & Games sub-forums.

So, what happened was, a few years ago, 8 fine gentlemen started a company and called it Xiaomi. Fast forward to 2018, and a couple of them say 'Shall we launch in the UK?', and everyone else says 'Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.'

Then, someone says to me 'Are you really a bad boy?', and I say 'Well, I've had my moments.' Then they say 'Of rock?', and I say 'Oh, yeah!', and then I twiddle my fingers like I'm playing electric guitar. Badly.

But, then they say 'Would you like to be a moderator on the UK Mi Community Forum?' So, I have a think about it for a second, and say, with no messing about or anything, 'Well, that sounds awesome, plus the dogs been out and it's ages until tea time.'

And that's what happened.

Anyway, enough about me, how are you today?

Out of the MIUI wilderness and into the Mi Community UK

Sudd1976 is a MIUI forum transplant, we aquired this expert when the MIUI forum closed and everyone merged over.

You will find him in his natural habitat of the MIUI section of the Mi Community UK.

"Hey there MIUI Fans,

Sudd1976 here, I have been a MI fan for many years, starting with the Redmi note 3G and became a Super Moderator on the MIUI forum where i was known as "The Note Mod" before getting transferred to the Mi Community UK team.
It's brilliant to see Xiaomi have finally come to the UK officially and that our UK community is growing each day"

you can find one of Sudd1976's threads below, check out the date he created it too, hes been around a while, hes certainly is one of the Xiaomi Veterans.

British University Opens £70 Million 5G Center

Tor and his brother playing guitar (probably)

Although you will primarily find Torlyn in the MIUI sub-section of the forum you will find helping out around the Mi Comminuty UK in general, he's the early bird of the group, he's quite often first to reply, rumour has it, not even the early bird can beat this guy to the worm.

'I’m Torlyn, and I’m the fluffy-faced guy with a serious coffee habit. After all, who needs sleep when there are shiny things to discover and talk about?
Been a Xiaomi user for quite a while, really enjoying this community, and I’m looking forward to seeing it grow and mature.''

You can find one of Torlyn's threads below.

and then theres me.

(yes I do look this old, I certainly feel it)

You will find me in the gadgets part of the Mi Community.

Why gadgets? Well because James Bond and I have very important common interests, oh yes, I can hook my hat on a coat hook from 3 yards.

Unfortunately that's where the similarities end.

But if anyone would like to swap a baseball cap for an Aston Martin and a shooty pen thing, then I'm your man. I've got the Baseball Cap, not the Aston Martin just to make that clear.

So Mi Fans i hope this has made everything a little but clearer for you all.

We all look forward to working together with you all and making the Mi Community UK the best Xiaomi Community in the world.

2018-10-25 02:43:43
Favorites4 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Nofaddey | from app

Thanks Duke, much needed thread!! Great to get a personal statement from each mod to get a glimpse of personality behind the role. Keep up the great work and educating new users on quality threads. When I made my first thread about planned UK stores, I was shocked to find someone had added a helpful image to help it get some attention and look professional. keep doing the little things such as this, it's things like this that keep people coming back and creating quality content.... well it's certainly what kept me here to annoy you lot :p
2018-11-03 02:04:26

GunplaMad | from app

Thanks for the insight of what you guys are doing for us all.

2018-11-03 03:40:37

Master Bunny

XELRON | from app

You guys are doing awesome job! cool~
2018-11-04 23:01:27
RM1S>RMN4G>RMN3>MI6 Ceramic | RM5Plus>MI MIX2S>POCO F1 | RMN6Pro>RMN7 | MI9
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5
Thats good
2019-03-19 12:19:22
After snapdragon "we" should be "was".
2019-04-11 06:12:22
Thanks for info!
2020-11-14 19:39:13

Rookie Bunny

6293934900 | from app

hi torlyn why you delate my post?
2020-11-22 12:28:25

Advanced Bunny

Niru86 | from app

it's not a Xiaomi product if Google has taken over 80% of the phone's functions.
2021-06-11 04:54:23