Greetings Mi Fans,
This guide is for the people who own a Mi 5X which has Tissot bootloader. Many of us already know that after the release of Mi 5X, some resellers flashed custom/hacked bootloader in Mi 5X (Oxygen, Tissot, Rossy) and installed fake ROMs (fake Global MIUI or Ported Android One ROM) on it to sell in the market. And this affected the Mi 5X users globally. We often see three variants of the bootloader in Mi 5X; Tiffany (Original), Tissot (Hacked from Mi A1) and Oxygen (Hacked from Mi Max 2). However, there is a fix available for Mi 5X with Tissot bootloader, while developers still couldn't find a solution to fix Oxygen Mi 5X into the original state.
Here, I am going to provide a guide on how to fix Mi 5X with Tissot Bootloader into Tiffany, the original state and receive regular MIUI OTA updates in your device.
Note: This guide is only for Mi 5X with Tissot bootloader. Don't try this on Mi A1 or Mi 5X with Oxygen bootloader because it will brick your device forever! Also, your bootloader must be unlocked to perform this action.
So, how can we know our device Bootloader type? The answer is, using ADB command in fastboot. Let's see how to do that!
1. First, you'll need ADB files which you can download from here.
2018-07-18 19:15:08 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
2. After Downloading, Extract the zip file in a folder.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your phone from the Developer Options.
4. Reboot your phone into fastboot mode by using the Volume Down and Power button. Then connect it to the computer. You'll see the following logo on your phone when the fastboot mode is on.
5. Open Command Promote in your ADB folder by using Shift + Right Mouse context menu. If you Don't have "Open command window here" option in the context menu, follow step 6.
6. Open Command promote by typing cmd in Run or Search option of Windows. Then use the command "cd path" Here, in my case, I kept ADB files in C Drive a folder named ADB. So my command is "cd c:/adb". See the following picture to understand the command to browse to the ADB folder.
7. Now type the following command:
fastboot getvar all
You'll see your Product as Tissot at the end of resuts like the picture below.
Now you are confirmed if you have Tissot bootloader or any other. If you have Tissot bootloader and your device is Mi 5X, follow this guide further. Else, you'll need a different guide to flash MIUI on your device.
To fix the bootloader of Mi 5X from Tissot to Tiffany, you'll need the following materials.
1. ADB files which I have provided above attachment.
2. MIUI Fastboot ROM. It's better to work with Developer ROM.
Now, carefully follow the guidelines provided below to fix your device bootloader. Note that, this is a flash method and your data will be deleted. Therefore, it is adviced to backup all necessary data of your phone into a PC before performing this action.
1. Download and install the Text Editor software (Any of your choice).
2. Download the fastboot file of Oficial Developer or Stable MIUI ROM for Mi 5X. Then extract it using 7zip or any other suitable software. After extracting the file, You'll see some folders and files of the ROM. Find the file named as "flash_all.bat". Open this file in the text editor Notepad+=/Sublime Text.
3. Here, I am showing this file in Sublime Text Editor. You'll find the following two lines in the text Editor. These are the first two lines. Delete them.
fastboot %* getvar product 2&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *tiffany" || @echo "error : Missmatching image and device" && exit /B 1
4. Now, save the "flash_all.bat" file and replace the original file. Now copy the ADB files you have downloaded from the attachments and copy them into the MIUI ROM folder.
5. Boot your phone into fastboot mode and connect it to PC.
6. On PC, open Command Promote in MIUI fastboot folder. Tips: Keep MIUI fastboot folder name short so that you can easily type into the command promote. Use the command "cd path" to browse to the MIUI Folder.
7. To check if your device is connected, you can use the following command:
You'll see a device with a serial number as shown in the picture below. This means your device is connected.
8. Now type "flash_all.bat" as shown in the picture below and press enter. It will start flashing MIUI on your device.
When the flash is complete, your device will boot automatically. After flashing the firmware, it may take 10-20 mins for the first time boot so don't worry about that.
If you could follow these steps carefully and able to flash MIUI on your device, it will be fixed to the original state. Congratulations!
I have recreated this thread from my thread in MIUI Global Forum. If you want to know about the success of this method, you can pay a visit to the replies of the Forum thread:
[Guide] Flash MIUI on Mi 5X with "Tissot" bootloader (Fix to Original)http://en.miui.com/thread-2223943-1-1.html
(Source: Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum)
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .