In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[] Method of Unlocking The Screen of You Mi Phone! Which One Do You Like The Most?

2018-03-26 12:52:07
2332 16

Hey MIUI'ers
How you guys are doing, I hope you all are enjoying your MI devices for power & feature. However alongside enjoying there was always need of protecting your privacy on smartphones to prevent unauthorized access to your device. Inherently Android is adding new & new features to its programming to provide genuine security to device. More over smartphone manufacturers & chip/processor companies working hard to provide security with ease to their customers. All smartphone chip makers exploring new & newer ways to achieve this and spending good amount of R&D expenses, to cater smartphone manufacturers in turn end users expectations.

Traditionally there are two methods predominantly used for unlocking devices first one in pin method & second is pattern lock, however in recent years technology has evolved to capture users biometric data & in turn use it as "key to unlock your device". Recently MI Note 3 has been released which involved all latest available technological breakthroughs to support screen unlock
1. Unlocking device screen with "Pin Method"

2. Unlocking device screen with "Pattern Method"

3. Unlocking device screen with Biometric data- Fingerprint Sensor.

4. Unlocking device screen with bio-metric data- Facial Recognition

Facial recognition is very recent technology and is available with very few manufacturers like Apple, Samsung & Xiaomi. If we talk about this technologies maturity, then I can say its still in quite early phase.
MI Note 3 and the recently  released Redmi Note 5 is equipped with all these methods of unlocking device screens. In Xiaomi's history first time Facial unlock feature has been introduced. Looking at the reviews it seems speed of device of unlocking screen is really good even compared with fingerprint sensor. It works flawlessly with quite good amount of face & device angle (tilting) reports says that works well even in low light conditions.
So guys, do you think this grooming technology will going to useful feature for smartphone lovers & we will see more Xiaomi devices with this in coming future.

Credit:http://en.miui.com/thread-841076-1-1.html
Single Poll thread Total 39 Users Voted

2.56% (1)

5.13% (2)

76.92% (30)

15.38% (6)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +12 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-03-26 12:52:07
Favorites4 RateRate
Interesting thread! Thanks for sharing :)
2018-03-27 23:12:30

Intern Moderator

Carl Jhoseph Pastor | from Redmi Note 4

Fingerprint unlock for the win!
2018-03-28 03:41:53

Advanced Bunny

Kate Noda | from Redmi Note 4X

I use fingerprint unlock most of the time too
2018-03-28 06:10:59
Using fingerprint all the time!
2018-03-28 06:55:20
Dark Humorist

Semi Pro Bunny

Cimzkie | from mobile

Thanks for sharing
2018-03-28 16:14:36
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6
I've tried fingerprint phone scanners from other phones before, and I really do think the fingerprint sensors from Xiaomi phones are really fast! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to trying Mi's facial recognition feature!
2018-03-28 23:09:39

Rookie Bunny

StingRayMart | from app

Fingerprint.
2018-03-29 21:32:32

Dominique Bien Author | from Mi Note 3

谭将俊 (Tham Jiang Jun)
I've tried fingerprint phone scanners from other phones before, and I really do think the fingerprin ...

indeed bro! The first phone I've used fingerprint unlock from Xiaomi is the Redmi Note 3. The sensor of it are 100% fast and reliable
2018-03-30 05:27:28

Semi Pro Bunny

arjaydee31 | from Redmi Note 4X

fingerprint is fastest, most accurate, most reliable and easiest for me.
2018-03-30 05:27:39
Your friendly neighbor IT.