In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Album] Schwaa Photography Collection 11: #ShotOnMiA1 Global Photo Contest Part 1

2018-03-23 19:14:46
2494 17

Greetings MIUI Photographers!

I hope you are all doing well. It's been a while since I posted my last collection which you may find here: LINK It's just that I've been busy with school works (Please bear with me. I'm a graduating Grade 12 student hehehe). But despite my busyness, I still managed to join the recent photo contest that Xiaomi held last year, the #ShotOnMiA1 Photo Contest, and partnered with the International Photography Awards, it is the biggest photo contest that Xiaomi has held yet. Have you heard of it? If yes, then I hope you've had a great time in the whole contest as I did. If you do not, I hope that you I would be able to make you feel the vibes that I've had in the time of the contest through this thread.

I did not get any of the top prizes but I managed to be in the Honorable Mention list which is like the Top 20 best shots out of 74, 732 entries in the whole contest. You may find my chosen entry below.

I took a lot of photos in the 2-month-long contest so I will be dividing them into part threads. This thread will be the 1st part. So, here it goes . . .

Honorable Mention Photo:

"Hold Me Close" / "can we play"

Device Used: Xiaomi Mi A1
App used: In-built photo editing software (for B&W filter)

in every second that they spend with us, they make us happy. In every second that we spend apart, they are waiting to be with us again. never forget all those who bring us joy.

Other Shots:

"You Never Changed A Bit"
App used: In-built photo editing software
Location: Sampalucan Rd., San Roque, Sto. Tomas, Batangas, Philippines

"you are as beautiful as the first time i met you" - grandpa

always make the people remind them of their worth and value to you.

"Take Risks"

in this life that we are in, nothing is certain. there can be good things that may happen to you, or otherwise, but whatever happens, we should accept it and move forward, because we will not grow as a person by staying in our comfort zone, doing the same things over, and over again. It's time for a change. it's time to take risks and open the doors that you haven't opened yet.

"In The Meadow"

sometimes, it's just fun to relax in a meadow and breathe a handful of fresh air, not worrying about anything at work, at school or any aspect of your life, and just concentrating on the peacefulness of the place.

"Through Thick & Thin"

be faithful to your partner. because at the end of the day, he/she will be the one standing right by your side comforting you when you need to, and making you smile when you have to, as long as he/she is the one that God has destined you to be with for a lifetime.

"Keep Right"

even if it seems to be leading you nowhere, keep doing the right thing because God's plans are very peculiar that you might find yourself in trouble, but it is part of His plan to make you stronger, to make you the best version of yourself, and to fulfill the BEST plan that He laid out for you.

"innocent"
Location: Barangay Banay Banay 1, San Jose, Batangas, Philippines

start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

- Proverbs 22:6

"I am Here For You"
Location: Barangay Banay Banay 1, San Jose, Batangas, Philippines

promise her that you would not leave her, no matter what happens; no matter how hard life had been; no matter how she has been ill; no matter how worthless she may seem, show her that she is still the mother that you've always had, the mother that you've always known, the mother who loved you the most, and the mother who is the reason why you are here right now. as the fifth commandment says, honor your father and mother.

"every pop counts"
App used: In-built photo editing software (for B&W filter)

for you, something may mean nothing, but for someone, it means everything.
just like the man in this image. he is selling popcorn every night during festivals. it may mean nothing to you if something not good happens to his popcorn but it may mean everything to him because his and his familiy's life depend on it.

"ORDINARY but HAPPY"

you do not need wealth to be happy. you do not need an awesome house to be happy. to cut it short, you do not need worldly things to be happy. you just have to have your loved ones beside you including the Lord and you will be at ease.

"CAUTION: Wet floor"

be careful on your life decisions. every choices will lead you to a different path so make sure that your choice is what God wills you to choose and you will never be lost.

"little things"

learn to appreciate the the little things in your life, because sometimes, those things are the one that will make you feel the contentment you never had.

"whatdoesnotkillyoumakesyoustronger"

do not be afraid to be yourself, because you, being yourself will make you true friends that will not leave you. so show everybody the real you. show them what you are capable of. show them who you really are.

"you are now free"

thank you for everything that you have contributed to my life. thank you for making me comfortable when i am around you. thank you for making me feel special. thank you for everything.

but in this point of our lives, it seems like our journey together is about to end,. even so, i would like you to know that i've been happy with all the years, months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds i've spent with you. it's time that i let you go for both of us to grow. farewell to you my friend.

"it seemed just like yesterday"

when you are at the point of your life when you think you have reached success, it is time to evaluate what you have become and how you became that kind of person. always remember who helped you climb your way on top and do not forget every good deed that you may have received from anyone, because achieving success without forgetting who you were will make you truly successful.

"GOODbye"

one of the hardest parts of our lives is to bid farewell to the people whom we love the most, but we should accept these happenings whole-heartedly, because everything happens for a reason and these happenings will either break us or make us the choice is ours.

"unaware"

when we sleep, we become unaware of our surroundings. we become unaware of everything.

but in life, we should be always awake; awake in feeling the feelings of others; awake in dealing with different attitudes of different people we may encounter; and aware in choosing the right decisions. so don't sleep when you do not need to yet.

"until when?"

until when will i wait for someone make me feel special? until when will i wait for the time that i will be truly happy? until when will i wait for the moment to be perfect?

but then i realized . . .

i don't need someone to make me feel special, because i have my family and the Lord who makes me feel even more. i don't need to wait for the time for me to be truly happy, because right now, i can be happy by just not thinking that i wouldn't be happy, and just focus on the blessings i receive each day. lastly, i don't need to wait for the perfect moment. i should just take the moment and make it perfect.

"be like an innocent child"

it is hard to please people especially people who are not infants anymore because as we grow, we learn different things and we all learn them in different ways. these different ways may cause arguments when deciding on something whether it's for school, for work, or any other place.

do not be like that. instead, be like an innocent child who is fond and is willing to learn new things by humbling themselves.

"just passing by"

how many people do you just pass by every single day on your way to school, to work, to the mall, or anywhere you go? you probably do not know most of them, with each dealing different problems in their lives, each carrying different burdens, and each having different levels of hope.

do you remember the time when someone hit you accidentally when you are in the middle of a busy street and you just yelled at him? he just got fired from his job.

the point is, we cannot judge everyone by just depending on how they look and behave. they look and behave like that because the happenings in their lives made them look like that, and we cannot do anything about it. the only thing that we could do is pray for them in our quiet times.

I hope you enjoyed browsing the part one of my Schwaa Photography Collection 11 thread. Check out my previous collections as well!

2018-03-23 19:14:46
Favorites9 RateRate

Miko Alabado | from Redmi 5 Plus

wow nice shots schwaa
2018-03-24 04:06:59

MIUI 10 Beta Tester

Jin Sombilon | from Redmi Note 4X

Wonderful shots. Thanks for sharing.
2018-03-24 04:25:37

Advanced Bunny

Miboys_Sam | from Redmi 5 Plus

wow some cool shot
2018-03-24 06:17:54
My gosh, these are such beautiful photos!!
2018-03-25 23:37:11

Thank you Miko hehehe :)
2018-03-26 11:12:36
be happy :)
Jin Sombilon replied at 2018-03-24 16:25:37
Wonderful shots. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks sir Jin! :)
2018-03-26 11:12:52

Thanks! :)
2018-03-26 11:13:11
谭将俊 (Tham Jiang Jun) replied at 2018-03-26 11:37:11
My gosh, these are such beautiful photos!!

Yay! They're from Xiaomi A1! Hope you loved it! Thanks! :)
2018-03-26 11:13:38
huwaaw! Nice one bro.

2018-03-29 18:40:57

Dominique Bien | from Mi Note 3

Great shots!
2018-03-29 19:11:17