In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[] MIUI Tips and Trick Series - Enable Dual Apps

2018-03-22 23:30:47
1642 4
Mabuhay Fellow Mi Fans!

I'll be doing a series of Tips and Tricks, Tutorial and some Guide on how you get around and work with MIUI and your much love Mi Smartphone in General. This is my way of helping out on our fellow Mi Kababayans who's new to MIUI and doesn't know how to use some of the features and apps baked in the OS. I will also include some tips in how you work your way around Android in General and some technology available. This was patterned to the famous MIUI Class in MIUI Global Forum with a touch of Filipino ingenuinity.

Now to start with here's a neat feature of MIUI and it's called DUAL APPS. To introduce, Dual Apps lets you run two instances of an app simultaneously. This is one of the headlining feature additions in MIUI 8 and 9, which allows you to run two instances of an app at the same time. The feature is especially handy if you have two social media accounts (e.g Facebook or Messenger) and are looking to access them from the same device.

So how do I enable DUAL APPS?

STEP 1: Open Settings from the home screen, then scroll down to the App Setting and find Dual apps.

STEP 2: Toggle the app you want to clone. In my case I need to check on 2 Facebook Messenger Account.

STEP 3: Go to the Dual App Icon of the App you cloned that is created in your homescreen. It's usually added at the last part of your homescreen. As you can see in the image below, it has a Dual App marker (yellow mark) in the left bottom of the Messenger App Icon which means it's a Dual App Icon.

STEP 4: Finally, setup you 2nd Social Media App like adding your account as usual.

It's EASY isn't it? And very convenient. That's the reason I really love MIUI since these advance features are included in the OS.

Thank you for reading and stay tuned to this part of the community where I will discuss other neat MIUI Tip and Tricks in the Future.

2018-03-22 23:30:47
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Kate Noda | from Redmi Note 4X

Good guide, thanks!
2018-03-23 08:33:32

Miko Alabado | from Redmi 5 Plus

Nice guide bro =)
2018-03-23 14:28:36

Rookie Bunny

Geralt Kane | from MI 5C

thanks man
2018-04-02 02:23:32

Rookie Bunny

Christopher Silva | from Redmi 5 Plus

This is a welcome feature for me. Since I need to open two instances of facebook messenger and GCASH app for my two accounts. In my previous phone (Oppo F1s), I need to use a third-party app for this. Good things there's a built-in feature for Redmi 5 Plus. No more third-party app.
2018-05-08 04:04:15