In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A1

[Tips] Google Lens Preview Now Available on Mi A1

2018-03-22 02:48:50
4030 47

Hi Mi Fans!
Here we are introducing a new feature Google Lens Preview which is recently added along with Google Photos & Google Assistant. We all use Google Photos for the free unlimited backup, And soon Google is adding Google Lens to this app. Google Lens is based on AI (Artificial Intelligence). Google Lens is yet another interesting advancement in Google’s vision to create an entirely AI driven mobile device.

What is Google Lens?
Google Lens is a tool that effectively brings search into the real world. The idea is simple: you point your phone at something around you that you want more information on and Lens will provide that information.

Google Lens App is built right into the Google Photos. What Google Lens does is that it reads the photos and recognizes the objects in them and then delivers useful information regarding them. It could really come in handy when you want to find the name or brand of a particular item you could just point your phone at it and get the necessary info. Below is a list of objects/tasks that Google Lens would be able to identify/perform:

Identify
  • Artwork
  • Barcodes
  • Books
  • Buildings
  • Landmarks
  • Media covers
  • Movies
  • Music albums
  • Paintings
  • Places
  • Points of Interest
  • Statues
  • Video games
Perform
  • Add contacts from a business card
  • Language translation
  • Look up product information
  • Open web addresses in your browser
  • Plant and animal identification
  • Save dates to your calendar from a poster

Google AI
AI is the natural evolution of search. Traditionally, when you searched for something on Google, it would bring up responses by looking for exact matches in the content. If you type ‘Xiaomi’ then that becomes a ‘keyword’ and Google would provide content with repetitious use of that word. You’ll even see it highlighted in the text.
But this isn’t really ideal. The ideal scenario would be for Google to actually understand what you’re saying and then provide results on that basis. That way, it could offer relevant additional information, it could suggest other useful things and become an even more indispensable part of your life.

Here are the key ways your Assistant and Google Lens can help you today:
Text: Save information from business cards, follow URLs, call phone numbers and navigate to addresses.
Landmarks: Explore a new city like a pro with your Assistant to help you recognize landmarks and learn about their history.
Art, books and movies: Learn more about a movie, from the trailer to reviews, right from the poster. Look up a book to see the rating and a short synopsis. Become a museum guru by quickly looking up an artist’s info and more. You can even add events, like the movie release date or gallery opening, to your calendar right from Google Lens.
Barcodes: Quickly look up products by barcode, or scan QR codes, all with your Assistant.

Permission has been seeked from nazer_ktpm, credits to him!

Have you tried the Google Lens Preview Yet?
2018-03-22 02:48:50
Favorites24 RateRate
i wonder if mi phone is compatible with this
2018-03-22 04:22:26

Pro Bunny

Jacklee_0323 | from MIX 2

bunnyforeverlife
i wonder if mi phone is compatible with this

I think only applied to pure Google phone
2018-03-22 07:12:19

Master Bunny

列兵瑞安 | from MI MAX 2

It's been around for many years and have evolved for the masses.
2018-03-22 16:46:43

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

Yup! Been using Google Lens on my MiA1. This is by far the coolest innovation Google rolled out to Stock Android phones.

But haven't seen that Lens icon when i launch Google help(the say Ok google thing)
2018-03-22 19:36:26

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

Jacklee_0323
I think only applied to pure Google phone

MiUI doesn't have this yet.
2018-03-22 19:39:46

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

列兵瑞安
It's been around for many years and have evolved for the masses.

Yup correct bro. Microsoft already have this long before Google. I love Cortana very accurate and it can easily identify the music details. When an unknown song that i hear plays, it will listen to it and search the title of the song! Now google is up to this but MiA1 is not getting the embedded lens in the search.
2018-03-22 19:42:38

Pro Bunny

Jacklee_0323 | from Redmi Note 5A

Chinito
MiUI doesn't have this yet.

thanks for sharing
2018-03-22 20:38:58

Master Bunny

1115791938 | from MI 6

well done well done
2018-03-23 08:17:34

Semi Pro Bunny