In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi

Rookie Bunny

JDH Author |

Chinito replied at 2018-03-01 17:14:16
Agree remove your SD card JDH. Remove sims. Then restart the phone and test. If u save and back up ...

Thanks guys! Appreciated

Didn't install anything unless it was a MI automatic update that i didn't notice. No SD card

Mi cloud is asking me for Verification OTP sms which i cannot view as my phone is locked -_-lll Infinite loop.
Similar with bank accounts.....Very frustrating.

Will try to remove SIM and reboot when i get home.

2018-03-01 04:36:44

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

JDH
Thanks guys! Appreciated

Didn't install anything unless it was a MI automatic update that i didn' ...

Hope u have another phone to insert your sim so you can get those OTP sms. Yeah very frustrating. Hopefully this gets sorted out.
2018-03-01 04:51:30
Ok,
can you see your phone in google account, if so then you recover it through that.  As your phone must have been locked due to multiple attempts.
best of luck buddy.
2018-03-01 05:21:29

Rookie Bunny

JDH Author |

NikhilKapoor replied at 2018-03-01 18:21:29
Ok,
can you see your phone in google account, if so then you recover it through that.  As your phon ...

Thanks guys..Tried taking out and putting in my SIM. Didn't work.
Unfortunately, Google account can only set the lock screen password if there isn't already one. If there is a password existing, the lock screen password will not be changed

Still waiting for word from MI Service centre to reply my email. Can't get thru to them. I'm almost resigned that i may have to do a hard reset damn...
2018-03-01 20:32:11

Rookie Bunny

JDH Author |

Just to udate - Service centre finally replied me and basically told me to wipe and reset. Ah well, just did it.

Thanks everyone who tried to help. Have a great weekend all.
2018-03-04 02:14:14

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

JDH
Just to udate - Service centre finally replied me and basically told me to wipe and reset. Ah well,  ...

What?! Did they even advise they will report this bug to Xiaomi? So what will Xiaomi do to avoid this to other Mi users? Anyways, a problem not resolved - not so user centric. Haiz.  (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

JDH, were u able to retrieve your files(photos and contacts)? Did u check your google or Mi cloud account?
2018-03-05 02:01:13

Rookie Bunny

frank160 | from Redmi Note 5A

Better disable all auto update
2018-03-13 07:09:41

Semi Pro Bunny

Chaudhary Rahul | from mobile

Same same same issue redmi note 5 pro. Restarted my phone and woww they are asking  password insted of PIN tried all.and all in vain.. If anyone have any solution plzz call 9758754563 plzzz. I can reward the helper for his helping gesture.. I really dont want to loss my data
2018-09-14 09:18:18