In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Bulletin

[] anyone use xiaomi vacuum robot in Singapore?

2018-02-18 21:02:28
1517 5
I interested to buy but sceptical of its efficiency in covering the entire floor area and cleanliness. Can provide your review and feedback?
2018-02-18 21:02:28
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

Hi Mtangky, can't find full review of the vacuum. But watch this full in depth review before you buy it. I highly recommend you watch several video reviews first and as users are located in different countries. They will tell all about good and bad.

https://youtu.be/gNO41O2fCZE
2018-02-18 21:44:10

I recently purchased a Xiaomi Gen2 Roborock vacuum robot after much deliberation and whilst the wife was initially skeptical, it does help make her life a little easier with keeping the floors clean even though she does not admit it openly .

We live in a smallish HDB apartment and I have it programmed to vacuum sweep the house automatically on a daily basis and I manually initiate a "wet mop" after we get home every 3rd or 4th evening. We have marble as well as parquet flooring and we do not have rugs or carpeting nor "floor-cloths" for the feet as the floors in the main living areas are generally clear of things. The robot does not have any issues navigating from one floor type to the other. It does not have any problems with our long, hanging curtains or the thick insulated wires of power extension cords and power extension bars and will happily navigate its way around them and under your furniture as long as it can fit under them and move around freely.

I say "mop" as the robot (with the mop attachment attachment instead) basically does what it normally does but with a "wet-wipe" being dragged behind it. The mop attachment is essentially a water reservoir that the mopping cloth "wicks" water from to keep itself moist as it is dragged around the house. The reservoir contains enough water for about 25-30 minutes of "mopping" and i usually refill it once give the time it takes for my place. Since I normally only fill the reservoir with clean water, I don't think it will be able to handle an oily kitchen floor but reviews I've seen mention that you can fill the reservoir with an enzyme-based (and NOT a chemical-based) cleaning solution. We normally "push" one of those Kao Magiclean stick broom/mops around a couple of times for the kitchen floor.

All in all, it generally does what we intended it for ie. clean the floors (though not necessarily the square corners) and over time, it generally does a fairly good job of maintaining cleanliness within reasonable expectations.

Apologies for the long reply. HTH.

P.S. Disclaimer: I am a product owner and not an owner/employee of Xiaomi and/or its resellers/importers/traders. The experiences/opinions stated above are my own.

2018-02-20 04:03:35
I recently purchased a Xiaomi Gen2 Roborock vacuum robot after much deliberation and whilst the wife was initially skeptical, it does help make her life a little easier with keeping the floors clean even though she does not admit it openly .

We live in a smallish HDB apartment and I have it programmed to vacuum sweep the house automatically on a daily basis and I manually initiate a wet "mop" after we get home every 3rd or 4th evening. We have marble as well as parquet flooring and we do not have rugs or carpeting nor "floor-cloths" for the feet as the floors in the main living areas are generally clear of things. The robot does not have any issues navigating from one floor type to the other. It does not have any problems with our long, hanging curtains or the thick insulated wires of power extension cords and power extension bars and will happily navigate its way around them and under your furniture as long as it can fit under them and move around freely.

I say "mop" as the robot (with the mop attachment attachment instead) basically does what it normally does but with a "wet-wipe" being dragged behind it. The mop attachment is essentially a water reservoir that the mopping cloth "wicks" water from to keep itself moist as it being dragged around the house. The reservoir contains enough water for about 25-30 minutes of "mopping". Since I normally only fill the reservoir with clean water, I don't think it will be able to handle oily kitchen floors. We normally "push" one of those Magiclean stick broom/mops around a couple of times for the kitchen floors but reviews I've seen mention that you can fill the reservoir with an enzyme-based (and NOT a chemical-based) cleaning solution.

All in all, it generally does what we intended it for ie. clean the floors (though not necessarily the square corners) and over time, it generally does a fairly good job of maintaining cleanliness within reasonable expectations.

Apologies for the long reply.

Disclaimer I am a product owner and not an owner/employee of Xiaomi and/or its resellers/importers/traders. The experiences/opinions stated above are my own.

If you are getting one and getting it ready to clean, I'd advise:

1. starting with an initial manual sweep and thorough mop of your floors to gather up accumulated dustballs behind cupboards and under furniture and clean up any gunk that might be stuck on floors.

2. If possible, clear up any wires lying around on floors under/behind cabinets. Position chairs under the dining table properly and generally, clear up as much clutter as you can off the floors. I made the mistake of not watching the robot closely during the initial test run and it "ate up" a phone charger cable that was accidentally left lying loose on the floor. Spent 10 minutes pulling apart the brush and suction assembly to remove the damaged cable. Hence the advice.

3. Initiate a test run of the Xiaomi robot to observe its behaviour in certain areas of your home or when encountering specific objects so that you can think of how to reposition or address any problems it encounters. I had to reposition 2 bar stools as the robot confused itself trying to navigate over their base when they were too far apart.

4. Cordon off any areas that you want the robot to avoid. I have toilets and the kitchen marked off with the boundary wall/tape. It is a little unsightly but if done carefully/properly, its effect on aesthetics can be minimised and it does beat having to spend extra $$ buying extra battery-operated electronic boundary walls.

Note that the robot first moves to and cleans around the side/boundary of a square-shaped area before moving in a back and forth pattern within that square shape before moving on to the next square shaped section of the house etc. It will move around round objects in its way and avoid think cables or objects that might get in its way.

5. Check to see if your wifi will cover all parts of your home as the robot relies on it to help it map out as well as record what its done and send it to the MiHome app which you would probably have installed on your phone.

HTH.
2018-02-20 04:25:39

Master Bunny

Mtangky Author | from MI MAX 2

Amtan
I recently purchased a Xiaomi Gen2 Roborock vacuum robot after much deliberation and whilst the wife ...

Very informative and helpful. Seem like a pretty good product. How much you pay and do you buy in Singapore?
2018-03-05 21:53:26
I bought the S50 (second version). Yesterday I tested it.
Pluses in comparison with iRobot 780:
1. Very quiet. And the sound is pleasant, there is no whistling high from the turbine, as in a rumba
2. Intellectually oriented in the space of the room. Rumba beat on every surface, crawled into narrow spaces. Demolished 2 lower decorative panels on the cabinets. Xiaomi gently pulls up to each surface, if it hits, it is very quiet and not from acceleration, like a rumba.
3. Perfectly built a map of the whole apartment. From the first time I found 2 rooms and a kitchen, everything went around and ideally returned to the base for recharging.
4. Fewer hair reels on the shaft and brush than rumba, it is easier to clean
5. Mi Home perfectly found everything, connected the first time, changed the voice on the robot to English, the Russification in the software is excellent, there was no need to change English.
Cons / questions / comments:
1. Trash bin is small. I think, ideally, after each cleaning you need to clean.
2. Hair is still wound on the shaft. But on the side brush - almost none, I take everything off with my hand. At rumba, it was necessary to sort out regularly the whole mechanism of the side brush, since her hair was tucked under her.
3. The most important thing in this robot mop - did not understand the algorithm of cleaning the room. Rumba held the same place several times at different angles, if it detected strong dirt (there is a sensor in the contamination), spun on this place several times additionally. Roborok passes each time according to the algorithm, therefore, even if he missed a little dirt, nothing will force him to return there. I tried the turbo mode - the same garbage, it just **s harder. Apparently because of this, in tests on the quality of cleaning, he shows himself worse. How to make him clean up more carefully polluted places have not yet understood. With regular cleaning, this remark will not be relevant, since in any case, he will catch the dirt and remove it.
4. The battery allows you to clean more carefully, but Roborok still spends the minimum time for cleaning and goes to charge (80% of the charge remains). Why he does not spend time on add. passages, I did not understand.

Overall impression: compared to Rumba, he is like a LG washing machine compared to the Soviet Oka - quiet, beautiful, smart. I cannot say anything about reliability, but all the parts are on Alik, so there should be no problems with repairs.

2019-05-13 21:44:12
I love my