In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[Q&A] Mi Vacuum - Help with setting up automated cleaning schedule.

2018-01-25 14:00:41
35877 19

Apologies if theis is the wrong forum category but I could not find any other more suitable one.

I recently purchased the Mi Roborock Gen 2 vacuum but have not been able to find instructions on how to set up an automated cleaning schedule for it in the MiJia app.

I would like to set up daily or once every two days cleaning of both the whoe apartment as well as zoned cleanups.

If you have set up automated schedules, do you mind taking a snapshot and sharing it (with instructions how to here) or point me towards I can read the instrcutions on how to do so.

Many thanks in advance..

2018-01-25 14:00:41
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

Hi Amtan, I tried checking online but i can't find specific to your request. One thing I found which is a bit different is the Mi Home App. I think you have to try using this app and connect your Vacuum. I'm not 100% sure on the scheduling feature but it's worth giving a try.
Download it.
2018-01-25 14:39:34

Advanced Bunny

Amtan Author | from mobile

Chinito
Hi Amtan, I tried checking online but i can't find specific to your request. One thing I found which ...

My apologies for not being clear. I am already using the 米家 app on my iPhone. Many of its screens and instructions have English language translations but as those translation are not very accurate, they are a little confusing. It also does not help that my mandarin is rather lacking.
2018-01-25 14:54:53

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

Amtan
My apologies for not being clear. I am already using the 米家 app on my iPhone. Many of its screen ...

No need to apologize bro! it's fine. But i found the answer! Hopefully it will help.

Have u watch this youtube instructions?
https://youtu.be/EY1Ma179LU0

There's an option to schedule. I screenshot the mi app screen from the video.

Hopefully it helps, let me know if it works.
2018-01-25 15:00:15

Advanced Bunny

Amtan Author |

Chinito replied at 2018-01-26 04:00:15
No need to apologize bro! it's fine. But i found the answer! Hopefully it will help.

Have u watc ...

I havent seen this video.. watching it now.
2018-01-29 09:52:36

Advanced Bunny

Amtan Author |

Chinito replied at 2018-01-26 04:00:15

Have u watc ...

Thanks!!

Did not realize that MiHome app looks and presents different options depending on the locale you choose. The UI in the video does not look 100% as mine does as I see slightly different options in mine compared to theirs but the video did give me an idea of where to look.

The robot's doing a mop at the moment but when its done, I'll post some screenshots and describe how to do it as soon as I've played around with it and set a schedule.

Found another video that shows how to sewt a schedule up.. its not as obvious as one would like it to be as scheduling in the MiHome app is also used in the scheduling of other Xiaomi gadgets.

https://youtu.be/exy9MBWDDOA?t=3m18s
https://youtu.be/DKAqtUX3idI
2018-01-29 10:01:48

Advanced Bunny

Amtan Author |

To set up a schedule,

1. launch MiHome app.
2. tap Mi Home icon on bottom right corner
3. tap the icon representing the vacuum device that you've already added to your profile.

Doing so should display a map that the device previously made of your location to be cleaned

4. tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the map. (represented by icon with 3 dots)

5. tap the Timer category

6. click Add Timer icon at bottom of option screen

7. Specify values for the 3 different conditions for the schedule ie. Start Time, Repeat frequency, Cleaning mode.

(I suggest starting with the  Repeat condition first before moving on to one of the others)

8. click OK to save the schedule item you have configured.

If you make a mistake, tap the item saved and tap the "Clear" button.

The above steps allow you to set up a simple sweep or mop schedule. I am yet to figure out how to set up a zone cleanup or to specify multiple rounds of cleaning with one setup.
2018-01-29 11:39:41

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

Glad to hear your success, Amtan! Happy auto house cleaning! :)
2018-01-29 17:43:39
can i ask where did u buy the mi vacuum? i was thinking of getting one but not sure where buy
2018-01-30 05:21:25

Master Bunny

steelmate8209 | from MIX

bro, there is two vacuum , one is xiaomi vacuum at rmb 1699, this one just sweeper function and no water tank for mop. the 2nd gen stone vacuum ,rmb2499 it improve version where it have additional water tank and mopping function. but all these not available to international market. I manage to get one 2nd gen in December.2017. quite useful but the water tank to me is abit small and need to keep on topping up water .anyway I bought lots of extra brushes and accessories as in SG there's no way to svcs it  but I like the 2nd gen as lots of items is now more lasting
2018-01-31 09:00:21

Advanced Bunny

Amtan Author |

Chinito replied at 2018-01-30 06:43:39
Glad to hear your success, Amtan! Happy auto house cleaning! :)

Chinito,

Thank you for your help and hint. I would not have been able to figure it out if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction.
2018-01-31 12:07:40