[Announcement] Save environment by participating in Mi India Product take back & recycling program

2018-01-14 23:42:34
186253 581

Hi, Mi fans!
We've pledged for a greener tomorrow and to make this happen we are offering an e-waste take-back & recycling service. This service adheres to the e-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India.

We would like you to participate in this noble initiative wherein you can pass on the e-waste like mobiles, power banks, speakers, headphones, etc. to us. We have tied up with Government authorized e-waste recycler TES-AMM to collect and recycle e-waste on behalf of us.

Watch this video to find out how TES-AMM recycles e-waste:

All Xiaomi products are RoHS compliant. You can find RoHS declaration here.

You can find e-waste recycling form here

Note: This program is only for End of life products only which are no longer operational. This program doesn't promise any support for damaged/faulty products whether it is repairs or exchanges.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How does the takeback program work?

Simply fill out this e-waste recycling form after logging into your Mi Account. Our Authorised e-waste recycler will contact you to pick up e-waste from your location, or you can also drop e-waste at any of our service centers. Please connect with our customer care for any queries.

2. What can I recycle?
Under E-Waste Management & Handling Rules 2016, we will accept and recycle all mobile phones, power banks, chargers, speakers, headphones, and other electronic products sold in India, irrespective of their brand. It is advisable that you secure and erase all the data in your electronic devices before depositing them with us. Notwithstanding anything contained herein Mi India, its Affiliates’ or its agents and representatives are not responsible for the breach or loss of any of your data.

3. Do I have to pay to get my electronics recycled?
Consumers do not have to pay any fee to recycle products sold in India.

4. Will I get any monetary benefit/discount by giving back the unused products in this takeback and recycling program?
A discount coupon worth ₹100 for every pickup request will be added to your registered Mi account once your phone(s) is successfully picked up. A coupon will be applicable to the minimum purchase value of ₹ 1000 only on accessories. Please note that coupons will only be given to customers who provide complete phone units only, not spare parts or other products. Customers will get coupons within 14 days of the pickup date. Mi India shall reserve the right to issue or reject the coupons at its sole discretion.

5. How long does it take to collect my products?
Mi India’s authorized recycler will contact you within 7 days. Products will be collected within 15 days of raising the pickup request. Collection time will vary depending on your Area. If products are not collected within 15 days, please contact our Authorized e-waste recycler by email at

Pledge to recycle and save our environment

Number of participants 4 Experience +12 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-01-14 23:42:34
Favorites313 RateRate
Great program by Mi India :)
2018-01-14 23:55:29

Join Our Channel:

Iamaditya | from Redmi Note 4

Such a great Initiative towards the eco friendly world!
2018-01-14 23:55:39

Reyas Mohammed | from Redmi Note 4

Wow, its a great initiative from Mi India. Will try to utilize the most.
2018-01-14 23:56:49

Semi Pro Bunny

1yyyy | from Redmi Note 4

great mission
2018-01-14 23:57:12

Pro Bunny

Gyan Prakash Singh | from Redmi 4

nice initiative
2018-01-14 23:58:41

News Reporter

DEZIRABLE JAVI | from Redmi 3S

Xiaoimi has taken an awesome step for India