!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

Mi Band

[Tips] Mi Band - HRX Edition One Stop Thread - Specs, FAQ, Tips and Tricks

2017-12-18 02:58:19
10557 120

Hey Mi Fans,
I’m here with Mi Band - HRX Edition one stop thread where you can find all you need to know about Mi Band - HRX Edition so there’s no need to wander here & there for multiple questions.

So, let’s get started.
Full Specifications:
Exterior:

Battery:
Battery capacity: 70mAh
Standby time: 23 days
Battery type: Lithium polymer
Input current: 45 mA (typ) 65mA(max)

Weight:
7.0g

Water-resistance:
IP67

Configuration:
0.42" OLED display
Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
Power-efficient accelerometer

Band:
Total length: 235 mm
Adjustable length: 155-210 mm
Material: Thermoplastic elastomer,aluminium alloy

Compatibility:
Devices with Android 4.4, iOS 7.0 or above with Bluetooth® 4.0 support

Compatible phones:
Devices with Android 4.4 andabove, such as Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Max, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi 3S, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi 3S+, Mi A1, Mi Max 2

Devices with iOS 7.0 and above,such as iPhone models 4s and later.

Note: Mi Band's phone unlocking feature requires smartphones with MIUI or Android 5.0 and above.

In the box:
Mi Band sensor, band, charger,user guide, warranty card

Tips and Tricks:

Frequently Asked Questions:

• Where could I buy Mi Band - HRX Edition from?
Mi Band - HRX Edition will be available on mi.com/in, Flipkart and Amazon.in

• What’s the material of Mi band - HRX Edition’s strap?Is it harmful?
Wrist strap is made with Hypoallergic properties & comes with aluminium alloy. The strap is softer and more skin friendly than its predecessor models.The clasp on the strap is made of Aluminium with fine finishing. So it won't hurt your skin in any way.

• Mi Band - HRX Edition Compatibility-
Mi Band HRX Edition is compatible with Smartphones with Android 4.4 system or above & iOS 7.0 system or above.

• How do I charge my Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Take out the core from the Band carefully.
You can find the charger inside the box with a USB on one side and a port with two gold plated connectors for the Core to be plugged in. Place the core into that space gently. Then plug the USB side to any USB port on your PC or Laptop.
Now I recommend charging your Mi Band - HRX Edition when you get the low battery warning. Do not let the battery drain completely.

• How long does it take to charge the Mi Band - HRX Edition?
It usually takes about 2.5 – 3 hours to full charge the Mi Band - HRX edition.
And FYI, Mi Band - HRX Edition's battery life is about 23 days. (May vary according to usage)

• Mi Band - HRX Edition is not being detected by phone,what can I do?
First of all, check if your Mi band - HRX Edition has a battery or not. Second, turn your Bluetooth off on your phone and turn on.
Thirdly, unpair it, and pair it again. While doing it keep your device close to your Mi Band HRX Edition.
Make sure it's not paired with any other phone.

• How to properly wear Mi Band - HRX Edition?

• Can Mi Band - HRX Edition display time?
Yes, it can. Mi Band - HRX Edition has a 0.42 OLED display that will show time, date, stepcount, distance, calories and power left.

• Why my Mi Band - HRX Edition is not charging?
Try re-plugging the Mi Band - HRX Edition core multiple times into the charger.
Sometimes the connector on the both are not connected properly.
If it still doesn't work, try clearing the connectors on both charger and the Core with soft clean cloth. You can use a cotton swab to clear the connectors on the Charger.
Also check the USB source, if it's properly working or not, i.e. your PC or Laptop USB port.

• I have properly plugged my Mi Band - HRX Edition,still why it's not charging?
Try re-plugging the Mi Band - HRX Edition core multiple times or gently shake it to see if it can be detected. Else check the USB port on your PC or laptop if it's working properly or not.

• How, to see a detailed report of my step counts,sleep data and heart rate?
To do that, you need to have Mi Fit App installed on your Android or iOS mobile. It is the official companion app for Mi Band - HRX Edition
For Android App go here
For iOS App, go here

• Can I use power bank to charge the Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Yes, the new Mi Power Bank comes with support of Mi Band - HRX Edition charging. But older Power Banks are generally built to support an output current of 2A. When the phone fully charges, the Power bank automatically cuts the current to save battery. Mi Band - HRX Edition supports a charging current of 25mA only. So when you plug your Mi Band - HRX Edition into the power bank, it will misinterpret as a full charged phone and thereby cutting the output current.

• How to check the charging progress?
Please touch the Touch panel on the Mi Band - HRX Edition core to check the charging progress.

• How to check Mi Band - HRX Edition's battery stats?
Either you can touch the Touch panel on Mi Band - HRX Edition or you can do it by going to Mi Fit app and check the battery percentage.

• Should I fully discharge my bandbattery then charge?
It is recommended that you charge your Mi Band - HRX Edition when it reminds you to charge. Do not always fully discharge it.

• Do we need to turn the Bluetooth on in our phone all the time when wearing Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Steps counting, sleep monitoring and alarm do not require your Mi Band - HRX Edition to be connected to your phone all the time.You can do it after you finishing off your exercising and other activity. If you want to use other functions like incoming call alerts, unlock screen, and find Mi Band - HRX Edition, you need to turn on the Bluetooth and keep the Mi Band - HRX Edition and phone connected.

• How long could Mi Band - HRX Edition store data if I don't have my phone with me or I lost it?
It can store data up to 1 week.

• How to check my steps and sleep data?
Two ways to do that.
1) Touch the touch panel on Mi-core to review your data.
2) Open Mi Fit App to check your data

• How to get more accurate data from Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Do remember to fill up your profile correctly while setting up your Mi Fit profile.
Those are important as it will track your movements and sleep according to your height and age etc.

• Why sometimes Mi Band - HRX Edition measure steps even if I am not walking?
Almost all pedometers are designed to track your hand movements according to a specific set of instructions already programmed into them.
So if any similar hand movement occurs, it will measure them as steps. Like if you are moving in a bus.

• How Mi Band - HRX Edition counts my steps?
Mi Band HRX Edition uses ADI accelerometer and it reads all your movements. And with a newer motion algorithm, which tracks your steps more precisely.
And also it comes with advanced trackers. So once you get to sleep and get motionless, it starts tracking your sleep.
It also tracks your sleep phase, such as deep sleep and light sleep.

• Why doesn't Mi Band - HRX Edition record daytime sleep?
Currently, this feature is not supported.

• Is it OK to wear Mi Band - HRX Edition during showers or swimming?
Mi Band HRX Edition has IP67 class waterresistance. It can withstand splashes of cold and hot water, can be worn during moderate rain too. But wearing it while taking a shower or swimming might not agood idea.

• How to sync Mi Band - HRX Edition data to the phone?
First, keep your Mi Band - HRX Edition close to yourphone.
Second, turn your Bluetooth on if you haven't turned it on.
Third, wait for Mi Band - HRX Edition get connected automatically with Mi Fit app and start syncing.
It will sync up all data then.

• What to do if Mi Band - HRX Edition fails to sync data?
Pull down the Mi Fit app home page to refresh syncing process.
If it still fails, then turn your Bluetooth off then turn on or exit Mi Fit app then open again.
Else Reboot your phone and try again.

• How can I unlock my phone using Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Just raise your hand near to your phone, it should unlock it.
Note that it will unlock it only if you are onlock screen with the screen turned on.  
If you can't do it, check if you have enabled this feature in the Mi Fit app.
If already enable, turn off Bluetooth on your phone and then turn on again.

• How will Mi Band - HRX Edition vibrate when a call comes?
Mi Band - HRX Edition will vibrate with a delayed reminder. The default delay reminder is 3 seconds. You can also change the time in Mi Fit App.
Note: The number of vibrations cannot be changed.

• Why my band doesn't vibrate on call?
Make sure you have turned your Bluetooth on, on your phone and your band is paired.
Then make sure Mi Fit app is running in the background.
Sometimes Android kills background applications to save memory. To make sure Mi Fit app runs, go to Security Permissions Auto start, and add Mi Fit to Auto start.

• What other reminders can I get from Mi Band - HRX Edition?
You can get message reminder, sedentary reminder and App reminder.

• How many times will the Mi Band vibrate when an alarm is set?
It will vibrate 5 times when you touch the touchpanel on Mi-core, it will snooze & to stop you need to touch & hold the touch panel on Mi-core for 3 seconds to stop the alarm. If you don’t touch, the Mi Band - HRX Edition will vibrate once every 10 minutes.

• How to get more accurate data from Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Do remember to fill up your profile correctly while setting up your Mi Fit profile.
Those are important as it will track yourmovements and sleep according to your height and age etc.

• Why sometimes Mi Band - HRX Edition measure steps even if I am not walking?
Almost all pedometers are designed to track your hand movements according to a specific set of instructions already programmed into them.
So if any similar hand movement occurs, it will measure them as steps. Like if you are moving in a bus.

• How Mi Band - HRX Edition counts my steps?
Mi Band HRX Edition uses ADI accelerometer and it reads all your movements. And with a newer motion algorithm, which tracks your steps more precisely.
And also it comes with advanced trackers. So once you get to sleep and get motionless, it starts tracking your sleep.
It also tracks your sleep phase, such as deep sleep and light sleep.

• Why doesn't Mi Band - HRX Edition record daytime sleep?
Currently, this feature is not supported.

• Is it OK to wear Mi Band - HRX Edition during showers or swimming?
Mi Band HRX Edition has IP67 class water resistance. It can withstand splashes of cold and hot water, can be worn during moderate rain too. But wearing it while taking a shower or swimming might not a good idea.

• How to sync Mi Band - HRX Edition data to the phone?
First, keep your Mi Band - HRX Edition close to your phone.
Second, turn your Bluetooth on if you haven't turned it on.
Third, wait for Mi Band - HRX Edition get connected automatically with Mi Fit app and start syncing.
It will sync up all data then.

• What to do if Mi Band - HRX Edition fails to sync data?
Pull down the Mi Fit app home page to refresh syncing process.
If it still fails, then turn your Bluetooth offthen turn on or exit Mi Fit app then open again.
Else Reboot your phone and try again.

• How can I unlock my phone using Mi Band - HRX Edition?
Just raise your hand near to your phone, it should unlock it.
Note that it will unlock it only if you are onlock screen with the screen turned on.  
If you can't do it, check if you have enabled this feature in the Mi Fit app.
If already enable, turn off Bluetooth on your phone and then turn on again.

• How will Mi Band - HRX Edition vibrate when a callcomes?
Mi Band HRX Edition will vibrate with a delayed reminder. The default delay reminder is 3 seconds. You can also change the time in Mi Fit App.
Note: The number of vibrations cannot be changed.

• Why my band doesn't vibrate on call?
Make sure you have turned your Bluetooth on, on your phone and your band is paired.
Then make sure Mi Fit app is running in the background.
Sometimes Android kills background applications to save memory. To make sure Mi Fit app runs, go to Security Permissions Auto start, and add Mi Fit to Auto start.

• What other reminders can I get from Mi Band - HRX Edition?
You can get message reminder, sedentary reminder and App reminder.

• How many times will the Mi Band vibrate when an alarm is set?
It will vibrate 5 times when you touch the touchpanel on Mi-core, it will snooze & to stop you need to touch & hold the touch panel on Mi-core for 3 seconds to stop the alarm. If you don’t touch, the Mi Band - HRX Edition will vibrate once every 10 minutes.

Hope I cleared most of the points if there is anything else I could cover please let me know in the reply section. Hope it helped the way I expected it. Keep checking for more updates :)

Special credits- Swastik

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +26 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-12-18 02:58:19
Favorites57 RateRate

Master Bunny

PBL | from Redmi Note 4

Thanks for sharing
2017-12-18 07:37:30

Pro Bunny

sanket pacharne | from Redmi Note 3