In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Album] A tourist's snaps of Singapore

2017-12-16 17:01:15
1161 17
1st image... poor composition... always apply the rule of thirds... even more so when there is a horizon dividing the image

2nd image... is it a picture of the bicycles and trees on the left or a picture of the building in the background?

3rd... always note the distractions in your image... the entire building is surrounded by distractions.

4th... not sure if you saw the leading lines or was it just a lucky? decent start, then the eyes follow the leading lines that leads nowhere and fell off into, once again, apply the rule of thirds...

5th... empty left quarter of the plate... rotate the plate so that words are not vertical... rearrange the food some to remove that dead space... if the amount of food is sparse, go in tight, don't have to show the entire plate...
2017-12-23 03:42:14
In West Philadelphia, born and raised,
On the playground is where I spent most of my days.

Rookie Bunny

Coolootshoots Author | from Mi A1

Aaagogo
1st image... poor composition... always apply the rule of thirds... even more so when there is a hor ...

Hello Master Aaagogo, thank you for your inputs. They are greatly appreciated. Your critic is on point. You sound like a truly professional photographer and you know your stuff well. However, I guess I have to slightly disagree on some things especially these photos on my post were casually taken without so much attention given to details due to time constraints. I work on a ship and I was there at the Gardens with my supposed rest time.
So, I cannot spend more than 1 minute at a scene and try to find a better composition. I clicked on what I immediately saw and continue walking.  Besides, the purpose of this post is not to showcase my photography portfolio but to showcase my newly bought Mi A1's camera. You can read again the title of this post and the captions if you've missed them.

1st image. You don't need to ALWAYS apply the rule of thirds. While rule of thirds is a great tool, it is but MERELY A GUIDE. There are times where you need to crush the composition to attain a much more feasible outcome. My disagreement also hits your comment on applying the rule of thirds with the horizon, like I said, ALWAYS is not the answer for that because I'm pretty sure you know about compositions with perfect Symmetry, don't you?

2nd image. Would you keep quite if I tell you that was taken while walking? But how would you know, right? You can't. But I tell you it is, like my above explanation, these are casual shots, same goes with the other images. Considering also that you have a wide focal length and just a one-tap 50mm optical zoom, that's all you got, except for the digital zoom from 50mm to 10x which really is not so pleasant. You basically have just 2 prime lenses, so composing without zooming means that you have to physically work around your subject, walking in and out, stepping from one side to the other, I bet you know that.

3rd image. Oh wait, why do I even explain myself to you? I saw your arrogant comments on a lot of photo albums posted around and people try to explain themselves to you. No, my friend, you do not deserve an explanation. If you want to technically critic photos here, then this is not the right place. People are here to share fun and experiences, I would even bet that only a few here knows anything about ISO, shutter speed, and aperture properly, albeit the nature/title of the subforum. Bottom line is, if you wanted to do technical critics, go to other appropriate forums for photography. These photos here are taken just with mobile phones for Christ's sake and you blow people away with your too-technical sounding comments. If some of them here are really into photography, I will bet my Mi A1 that they will not try to learn here but find proper courses online or physically because they would know it's a proper thing to do.

In summary, you please shooo away with your mean and arrogant comments to people here (including myself) who just want to have fun and appreciate the TINY LENSES and the TINY SENSORS  that we have on our smartphones.

Oh and by the way.......go easy on typing with your periods........ There's a lot of them at a lot of inappropriate places..........
2018-01-01 07:31:26

Rookie Bunny

Team TGs
Wow! Wonderful Click!

Thank you. However, as per Master Aagogo, they are not satisfactory of his technical requirements.  
2018-01-01 07:38:11

Rookie Bunny

little queen
So nice photos. You are so good at photographing

Thanks but sorry, I am not. Master Aagogo is the one you are referring to.
2018-01-01 07:39:18
Yeah, I feel that there's no need to be a perfectionist unless you depend on this for a living. I take 'horrible' photos all the time but its fine by me because its mostly for my own consumption as memories to the places I've been to.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
2018-01-01 22:32:50