Bangalore

[Recap] Redmi Y1 Experiential Meet - 12th Nov 2017

2017-11-14 09:25:36
208 6
Hello Bengaluru!

Hope you are all doing great!
A few days back, Xiaomi introduced their new series of Selfie oriented smartphones. The Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite were launched and we had the opportunity to have one more Experiential Fan Meet.
As posted earlier (http://c.mi.com/thread-501614-1-0.html), we decided to have our fan meet at the newly opened Mi Home at Kammanahalli this time. The meet was planned for Sunday, 12th Nov 2017.

We were supposed to meet up at 11 am there. Unfortunately, I was held up in the traffic and was late by 10 mins. When I reached Mi Home, Kammanahalli, there were already 3 members checking out other phones and products that were available at Mi Home.

I directly went to the Mi Home manager and he showed me where he had kept the Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite for us to check out and experience. Our members started checking out the Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite and seemed quite impressed.

After some time, two of our regular members showed up. Rakesh and Punith are friends are they have been attending the meet regularly since the last couple of meets.

We had some regular chats and started talking about the phones. They took many selfies on the Redmi Y1 and compared it to their own phones.

As we were talking and checking out the phones, a couple of customers who came to Mi Home to buy phones thought I was an employee at Mi Home (by seeing me wearing a Xiaomi t-shirt). So they started asking their doubts and wanted more info on the phones. So for some time, I played the role of a Sales Executive there and helped them make their purchase. One of them bought Redmi Y1.

Meanwhile, a couple of others who were supposed to come to the meet messaged me and informed me that they had some emergencies and wouldn't be able to make it.

As the time went, the 3 members who had come first had to leave. So we took a couple of group pics and they left.

And then came two of our super active members, Adarsh and Arnav. They were also late because of the famous Bangalore traffic.

We took a lot of photos. Adarsh seemed quite excited about the Redmi Y1 selfie camera and he took a lot of pics.

We greeted each other and started talking about Redmi Y1, Xiaomi and about various other topics.

Finally, when it was about to hit 1 PM and we didn't see anyone else joining, we decided to call it a day. It was a short meetup with just 8 members. However, we interacted well and bonded well.

I was a little disappointed that the number of attendees for this meet was the lowest. But I understand that some of them had genuine reasons to stay with because of some emergencies. I hope to see more people joining the meet next time.

During the meet, we had also planned for a Contest. The attendees had to take their selfies at the meet and upload it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtags #YourBestSelfie and #Bangalore and tag our Social Account. And one lucky winner chosen through lucky draw would receive an Official MIUI 9 T-shirt.

We received a total of 7 entries from 5 of the attendees. Below are the entries we received.

And among the 5, we did a lucky draw, and the winner whose name came is @k4raj
Many Congratulations to you!
We would be contacting you through Telegram to get your address and courier the t-shirt to you soon.

We have uploaded all the pics we took during the meet in Google Photos. It can be viewed here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/sj9Sx5K6PM8Nqve83

Thanks to all who made it to the meet. See you all for the next one!

Cheers!

Sudeep P Nambiar,
President,
MiFC Bangalore

2017-11-14 09:25:36
Favorites RateRate

Bunny Novato

Gunda Akshay | from Redmi Note 4

Super and very interesting
2017-11-14 09:46:02

Photography Team

SRI1997 | from mobile

Wow great meet and Congratulations to @k4raj
2017-11-14 09:59:43

Bunny Semi-pro

Rajesh_94 | from Redmi 3S

thanks srivatsa
2017-11-14 10:06:56

MIUI Translator team

AdarshGoyal | from Micromax A310

Great thread.. Recap at its best..
2017-11-14 10:46:13
MIUI Translator Team

Bunny Novato

Arnav thakkar | from mobile

Had a good time in the newest Mi Home, Bangalore. It was really huge and spacious! Hope Xiaomi soon gets more products to India and Mi Home. Missed the rest of the MifcB members hope we all meet up in the next meet for sure. ❤ #MiLove
2017-11-14 11:34:53

Bunny Semi-pro

varun kannadiga | from Redmi Note 3

Very nice, great but look at those guys trolls on social media like iron box, bomb, etc please take action on them..
2017-11-14 12:09:11