Bangalore

[Recap] Mi A1 Experiential Fan Meet - 9th Sept 2017

2017-09-13 08:35:37
341 6
Hello Bangalore!

What's happening!! Hope everyone's having a wonderful day.
Just last week Xiaomi launched the Mi A1 in India. It's Xiaomi's first Android One phone. A smartphone Created by Xiaomi, Powered by Google. A smartphone that runs Pure Android. And it's Xiaomi's first Dual Camera phone in India!

The first sale of Mi A1 commenced yesterday, 12th Sept 2017. However, we Bangaloreans were lucky to have hands-on on it even before the phone went on sale.
We had our Mi A1 Experiential Meet on Saturday, 9th Sept 2017 at the Mi Home @ 1 MG Lido Mall, Bangalore.
Here is a recap of how the day went on.
Our other President, Shuhail, was out of station and hence couldn't make it to this meet. But luckily, Kannaa, our MiFC Manager pitched in and decided to join the meet. That gave me some confidence. Especially because every time there is a meet, there'll be some question which we President wouldn't be able to answer. And having someone from Xiaomi directly helps. So first of all big thanks to Kannaa for finding some time on his weekend and joining us at our Mi A1 Experiential Meet. Also thanks to Mi Home management at 1 MG Lido Mall for allowing us to have a meet at their store and provide us with brand new Mi A1s for the Experiential Meet.

Our meet was scheduled to be from 11 am to 1 pm. And Kannaa was the first one to arrive at Mi Home, well before 11 am. Kannaa came along with his friend Shashank. I reached exactly at 11 am and met him inside Mi Home. He had brought the new banner of our Fan Club and gave it to me.
(Shot on Mi A1)

Our newest member, Vikrant was already in 1 MG Mall doing his shopping. We messaged in the Telegram group about our whereabouts and he quickly rushed to Mi Home to meet us.

(Shot on Mi A1)
Vikrant was the first one to get his hands on the new Mi A1. He is planning to pick it up for his wife.

Arpit, Aman, Akshay, Pradeep, Ajay, Lohith etc were the next to reach. We all greeted each other and then they were all busy checking out Mi A1.

As the time went on, more and more people starting coming in. It was a good thing that we had 4 Mi A1 for hands-on. Two Black versions and two Gold versions. Each one of them got plenty of time to play around with the phone and check out the camera. That also gave them time to check out other products Mi Home as well.

Kanna was actively interacting with all the Mi fans and answering their questions and clearing their doubts. In between, I got time to snap pics of this beauty.

Isn't it just beautiful in Black color? Well, it's definitely my favorite.

After the short Q&A session with Kannaa, we decided to have a couple of lucky draws. I wrote the names of all the attendee's name in a small piece of paper and asked few members to pick up the names.

And the winners were given the red Mi Community t-shirts brought by Kannaa. He had few Mi A1 stickers also for the giveaway.

Now the USP of Mi A1 is its Pure Stock Android Software experience and the Super awesome Flagship Dual Camera. And everyone present was more or less going gaga over the camera on A1. Everyone wanted their portrait pics to be taken on the Mi A1. Below are few pics of our Fan Club members taken on Mi A1.

We even had OnePlus 5 to compare with. You decide which one is better.
(Left - Mi A1, Right - OnePlus 5)

No meet is complete without a sefie and a group pic. So here we go!

In the past, whenever we planned for Fan Meets, we got a lot of registrations (over 40-50). But the number of people attending the meet was probably 50% of the total count. But this time, I am very happy that though we got only around 26 registrations, we had 24 attendees for the meet. Now, this really inspiring and brings a lot of happiness.
We hope this trend continues and we see more and more Mi fans taking part in the meetup.

As a "thank you" to all attendees, we have sent out F-Codes of Mi A1 so that they can purchase them instantly without waiting for the sale.
Until we meet for the next Fan Meet, here's me, Sudeep, signing off!

Join MiFC Bangalore Official Telegram Group

Cheers,
Sudeep P Nambiar & Shuhail Basheer
Mi Fan Club Presidents
Bangalore
2017-09-13 08:35:37
Favorites RateRate
Loved The way It Is concentrated, summary @@@
2017-09-13 09:51:21
akshay kumar

MIUI beta tester

Er. Deep | from Mi A1

Very Nice...
2017-09-13 10:29:50
Nice meet...
2017-09-13 11:48:56
V. Saran

MIUI beta tester

Adithya16 | from Redmi Note 3

Nicely written thread. Missed one opportunity this time.
2017-09-13 13:52:35

โปร บันนี่

Tappa | from Redmi Note 3

great meet up guys..hope for more better one...carry on guys
2017-09-13 14:09:06
Happy to Help!
Tapash_Here

MIUI beta tester

Tnarkiv | from Redmi Note 4

I received my phone yesterday.The camera is amazing !!!!
2017-09-13 22:43:28
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Beta Tester
MIUI 8
India 2nd year
100K members
Redmi 3S
APP
6th MIUI
Independence Day