Stepped in to a service center located in Delhi, main Vikas Marg, R-42.
Actually a very pathetic condition at this service center. My concern was to change the USB cable which was not working and was in warranty period. First they replaced it with a very local and cheap UBS cable and when I refused to accept it then they asked me to leave the centre and approach MI. I asked them o create a job sheet for the replacement and authenticate the credibility of new wire they simply refused. But later agreed to give the job sheet. When I started to leave the service center with new wire and job sheet, the supervisor of center stopped me and asked for job sheet and bill and said as you have purchased it from mi.com we will give the new wire to you which is original. All the people presented at service center were luking at this and everyone amazed to see that how these service center people are making fool of everyone. As I have received a new original wire, but there behaviour and arguments ruined my day. They are same with every customer behaving like we have done something wrong by purchasing mi products. Example of there behaviour is attached in a video.