Delhi

[Recap] History of Redfort and photo walk fan meet

2017-08-31 16:49:52
369 13

Hello Friends
I am Rituraj Meena, I visited Redford on 20 August with MiFcDelhi friends.
So here I am going to share some brief Knowledge of Redfort.

The Red Fort is a historical fort in the city of Delhi in India. It was the main residence of the emperors of the Mughal dynasty for nearly 200 years, until 1857. It is located in the center of Delhi and houses a number of museums. In addition to accommodating the emperors and their households, it was the ceremonial and political centre of the Mughal state and the setting for events critically impacting the region

Pic: Map of Redfort

Redfort is also a heritage site of Unesco

Constructed in 1639 by the fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as the palace of his fortified capital Shahjahanabad, the Red Fort is named for its massive enclosing walls of red sandstone and is adjacent to the older Salimgarh Fort, built by Islam Shah Suri in 1546.

The fort was plundered of its artwork and jewels during Nadir Shah's invasion of the Mughal Empire in 1747. Most of the fort's precious marble structures were subsequently destroyed by the British following the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857. Every year on the Independence day of India (15 August), the Prime Minister hoists the Indian "tricolour flag" at the main gate of the fort and delivers a nationally-broadcast speech from its ramparts.
The INA trials, also known as the Red Fort Trials, refer to the courts-martial of a number of officers of the Indian National Army. The first was held between November and December 1945 at the Red Fort.
LAHORI GATE: The Lahori Gate is the main gate to the Red Fort, named for its orientation towards the city of Lahore. During Aurangzeb's reign, the beauty of the gate was spoiled by the addition of bastions, which Shahjahan described as "a veil drawn across the face of a beautiful woman". Every Indian Independence Day since 1947, the national flag is unfurled and the Prime Minister makes a speech from its ramparts.
Pic: Lahori Gate

Delhi Gate: The Delhi Gate is the southern public entrance and in layout and appearance similar to the Lahori Gate. Two life-size stone elephants on either side of the gate face each other. These were renewed by Lord Curzon in 1903 after their earlier demolition by Aurangzeb
Hammam:The hammam were the imperial baths, consisting of three domed rooms floored with white marble.
West of the hammam is the white marble.

Moti Masjid:
West of the Hamam the Moti Masjid,  the Pearl Mosque. A later addition, it was built in 1659 as a private mosque for Aurangzeb. It is a small, three-domed mosque carved in white marble, with a three-arched screen leading down to the courtyard.

Diwan-i-KhasEditA gate on the north side of the Diwan-i-Aamleads to the innermost court of the palace (Jalau Khana) and the Diwan-i-Khas (Hall of Private Audience). It is constructed of white marble, inlaid with precious stones. The once-silver ceiling has been restored in wood. François Bernier described seeing the jewelled Peacock Throne here during the 17th century. At either end of the hall, over the two outer arches, is an inscription by Persian poet Amir Khusrow: If heaven can be on the face of the earth,
It is this, it is this, it is this. Pic: Panorama shot of Moti masjid, Diwane-e-khas

Baoli:The baoli (step-well) at the Red Fort, DelhiThe baoli or step-well, believed to pre-date Red Fort, is one of the few monuments that were not demolished by the British after the Indian Rebellion of 1857. The chambers within the baoli were converted into a prison. During the Indian National Army Trials (Red Fort Trials) in 1945–46, it housed Indian National Army officers Colonel Shah Nawaz Khan, Colonel Prem Kumar Sahgal, and Colonel Gurbaksh Singh Dhillon. The Red Fort Baoli is uniquely designed with two sets of staircases leading down to the well.

Diwan-i-Aam:The inner main court to which the Nakkar Khana led was 540 feet (160 m) wide and 420 feet (130 m) deep, surrounded by guarded galleries.[50] On the far side is the Diwan-i-Aam, the Public Audience Hall.

Hayat Bakhsh Bagh:The Hayat Bakhsh Bagh is the "Life-Bestowing Garden" in the northeast part of the complex. It features a reservoir, which is now dry, and channels through which the Nahr-i-Bihisht flows. At each end is a white marble pavilion, called the Sawan and Bhadon Pavilions, named after the Hindu months, Sawan and Bhadon. In the centre of the reservoir is the red-sandstone Zafar Mahal, added in around 1842 by Bahadur Shah Zafar, and named after him.
Pic: Red Zafar Mahal

Pic: @Chatta Chok

Pic: attendance time.

Pic @ Savan pavellian

Pic: Nokar khana

Pic: finally Group photo with Mi banner and Friends

Source of information:Wikipedia

Thank you

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +5 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-08-31 16:49:52
Favorites2 RateRate

Забанен

1730597907 | from app

fantastic new
2017-08-31 18:51:31
thanks dear for sharing
2017-08-31 19:52:23
Thanks for the information and sharing this with us
2017-08-31 20:15:14
2017-08-31 21:23:33
Good to hear from you
2017-08-31 22:27:22

โปร บันนี่

1643649708 | from Redmi Note 3

Nice information
2017-08-31 22:37:38
Nice information... Thanks for sharing..
2017-09-01 00:23:07
2017-09-01 02:03:08
thanks for information
2017-09-01 05:01:52
which phone is used and what r the settings?
2017-09-01 05:03:08
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

3 ngày liên tiếp
7 ngày liên tiếp
21 ngày liên tiếp
Shake!!Shake!!
Mi Explorers
more power more life
MIUI 9

Mi Comm APP