Mi Band

[Review] Mi Band 2 Full Review- Most Elegant And Feature Packed Fitness Tracker Out There

2016-09-26 03:30:44
266338 613
Edited by PawanRockz at 2016-12-18 12:19 AM

Hello Mi Fans,

The new successor of the most famous fitness band "MI Band" which was a huge success here in India is finally launched on 21st along with the Mi Purifier 2.
Since then it surely is the talk of the town.Mi Band 2 is the new Budget Fitness Tracking Band with the unbelievable features it boasts at such an affordable price. Without further a do , let's tear up a Mi Band 2 detailed review.

Honestly speaking I loved all the features of the New MI Band 2  from the new OLED display to the capacitive button present below the display, from new ecofriendly friendly strap to the fast power efficient ADI Accelerometers.

Mi Band 2 Key Features
0.42 Inch OLED display
Dedicated capacitive button for smooth operations.
Skin friendly silicon strap
70 mAh battery which lasts for 20 days.
IP67 Rated
Heart Rate measure.
New pedometer algorithms
Sedentary Alerts
Only for Rs 1999/-

Inside The Box

OLED Display
This was the most awaited feature of the new budget band successor.  In MI Band 2 there is a 0.42 inch clear screen which is very handy for day to day operations. The screen can be useful for displaying a number of data including steps taken, measuring heart rate, time, calories burned,  battery info and other useful data. We can also customize the data we want to view. The screen is covered by a scratch resistant glass and an anti-fingerprint coating for that extra layer of protection. The band display is a bright and elegant looking one. I didn't have a problem for looking it's display under bright sunlight. We can also switch various screens without opening the MI fit app. Also,  we can have a look at all the data by just lifting the band or by using the dedicated capacitive button present below the display. These small features make a device handy and useful. All the features here made me to look into the MI band 2 deeply for more interesting stuff.

Battery Life
After the great success of the battery people were getting on the Originated MI band it was quite difficult to keep up the good expectations of people for MI band 2 battery as it sports a OLED display. But xiaomi managed to give a whopping 70 mah battery in the New Band. It is more than 150% of the battery given in MI Band. Cool right. The MI Band 2 gave me around 24 days of battery backup. My usage included full day push notifications , measuring heart rate and checking steps taken after every 30 minutes. Now we have not to worry to charge the MI band 2 after every 15 days.

How Is The Band Strap?
The MI band 2 strap is more eco-friendly now.
The band fitted inside the strap easily and it was nearly impossible that the capsule can come out easily under my testing. The strap is more breathable and anti-sweat now. Also it's more long lasting now. These are the things I loved in the new strap.

Dedicated Capacitive Button - Helpful ?
Just below the screen there is a Button which can be used to change across various screens. i.e from time screen to steps taken screen, heart rate measure, distance covered and further. Also it can be appreciated that we can also customize what we can view on the screen via the dedicated button. Yes , it's very helpful because we don't need to opening the Mi Fit app for checking the fitness details.

Water and Dust Proof
I also loved that the fact that MI band 2 too is fully IP67 rated . I had no problem  taking a bath while wearing the band or swimming and it's still in working condition.

Optical Heart Rate Sensor - How Much Accurate?
Under my testing I can say that the heart rate sensor here is more faster and accurate than the MI band pulse. We can view the heart rate without even looking at the MI fit app. The screen will show the heart rate itself. We just have to be stable and hold the band on the wrist and it does its work perfectly. Well , I can assure that the heart rate sensor works 98% of the times. (The for the other 2% , I couldn't wasn't stable).

Is The Band 2 Accurate Than Mi Band ?
The MI band 2 also sports new pedometer alogorithms to improve the accuracy of steps taken.
It is surely accurate than the Mi Band. When I start walking , It starts updating the steps takes after 10-15 seconds under my testing. It doesn't add up or lowers the steps taken on its own and is also very useful while measuring sleep time as it's very accurate.
Also it can be noted that the band have all new ADI Pedometer Algometers for accurate heart rate measuring.

Sedentary Alerts - Helpful ?
This is one of my favorite feature present in MI band 2. Sedentary alerts as the name suggests it does it work. When we are sitted for a longer period of the, the band will give us a buzz vibration saying that 'no moving of body can result in health problems '. This feature is available because of the presence of the vibration motor in hardware. It shows an animation while you have not moved for 1 hours. This time can also be changed via Mi Fit App. Dont want to be disturbed at specific times ? It can also be changed . Also the band can perform various function due to the smart os available now.

Phone unlocking technology
Just like the previous gen of MI band, MI band 2 also comes with the phone unlocking technology. The smartphone can be unlocked when the MI band 2 is brought closed to the phone. Also each MI band 2 has its unique ID for phone unlocking.  Again one of my favorite features. I had no problems while unlocking the phone via Band 2 and it worked flawlessly. Please note that the Unlocking feature works only on Mi Phones or Android v5.0 above.

Other Features I Liked
The band can measure heart rate, steps taken while running or jogging also which was kinda not the case with the Mi Band.
I can sleep wearing the band as it's material is super skin friendly and comfortable and I had no problem sleeping while wearing it.

The Band have Bluetooth connectivity of Android v4.4 and above and iOS v7.0.1 and above.
The Band vibrates on calls and messages. Also it can be noted that we can control what can be displayed on the Mi Band 2 display. Missed calls and messaging notifications are already shown by default but if we tick on app notifications via Mi Fit App - it will start displaying notifications from Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter etc.

Price
Obviously all were waiting for the launch of MI band 2 at an affordable price and xiaomi didn't disappointed there fans this time also.  The band is priced at RS 1999/- which make it the most feature packed band in this price category.

My Verdict
Xiaomi has again proved that they are best at offering great products at such low pricing. Mi band 2 is the "Steal The Deal" product that can't get any better. It have quite a lot of cool features like The OLED display , IP67 Rated , 20 days of battery backup , sedentary alerts and a lot more. Also if you are using Mi Band , you should surely upgrade in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now folks. If you have any query related Mi Band 2 , shoot them in the comments section below. I will try my best answering them
Peace , PawanRockz

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +44 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-09-26 03:30:44
Favorites115 RateRate
Awesome review
2016-09-26 04:06:31
thanks again..
2016-09-26 08:59:49
Hello Mate you give a good review.  Still if I share my opinion then accuracy is not that up to the mark and even the button given below to OLED display works good and sometimes it's just show time and nothing else.  Please let me know how to see all options on display using button everytime.  Does we have to press the button or it's like feather touch?
2016-10-09 21:10:25
2016-10-09 22:14:22
detailed review, with most important points.
2016-10-09 22:20:13
Thankfully
Shree Sharma.
best for mi fans
nicely explain about every details of band 2
2016-10-09 23:19:55
so nice i wish i having  moneyy will be buying next month
2016-10-10 00:03:12
Waiting to buy it!!!
2016-10-10 00:03:25
100K members
Redmi 3S