Accessories

[Review] Mi Bluetooth Speaker : Unboxing And Review

2017-08-06 08:42:14
5735 37
Hello Mi Fans,

How are you all? I hope everyone is doing well I am back with another Mi gadget unboxing thread. I am glad that you guys loved my previous unboxing threads: Mi Band 2 and Mi key

This time i brought the Mi Bluetooth Speaker to my collection. I know its a old gadget (not too old though), but i really want one especially the blue colored one but unfortunately Mi India has stopped selling it and it's unavailable in Mi stores, i don't know whether its available in Mi Home or not. But even if it's available there i can't go all the way to Bangalore from Kerala (Too long and can't afford the expense ). So like always i have to depend on AliExpress to get one. But before placing my order i have a doubt regarding the speaker

On seeing some reviews , i saw some of the BT speaker have a micro SD card slot and some doesn't have it And i am sure that most people are having the same doubt. Let me explain about this:

Yes, there are two variants of the Mi BT speakers, Chinese Variant and a Global Variant (International Version). The chinese variant comes with the micro SD card slot and the speaker thus has voice output such as saying out the Battery Percentage and at the time of Bluetooth Pairing (Ready To Pair and Connected), and in Chinese variant, the voice out is in  Chinese

The Global/International Variant otherwise English version comes without the micro SD card slot and the voice output is in English language And i brought the English variant (coz i don't understand chinese )

Note: Mi india has launched the Global version in India and not the Chinese version

Let's walk through some of the key features of the BT speaker. Check out the images below:

Ok Let's go to the Unboxing shall we? I got the parcel exactly 1 month after ordering ( This **s, i hate waiting ) and it costs me Rs.2500 + i have to pay an extra Rs.1100 (42% of the item's rate ) for customs duty to get my parcel out!

A BIG package, i remember ordering only one! Did i got any gifts from the seller?

Blow me down! It was the protective air bubble that made the parcel looks big! No wonder why ancestors say that 'Expectations hurts'

Who needs an extra gift when i got my Cinderella...I mean BT speaker

Time for the magic words: 'Open sesame' (Just a phrase, it won't open itself )

A charming beauty isn't it ? Can't wait to bring the music out of it

The box includes a pouch, manual and the speaker

The manual was in both English and Chinese, which means i got the Global variant Yaay! I have requested the seller for a Global variant before placing the order, thank you seller

Second opening up

Here it is the Mi BT Speaker! It comes in about the size of a typical pencil box. Metalic finish with glossy blue color

Rear view with some writings over it

The pouch was nice and soft, indeed very useful for protecting the speaker

That's all in the box

The Blue Lady in my hand

The buttons includes play/power, volume up/next track, volume down/previous track, battery percentage/BT pairing

On the opposite side we have the Aux in port, mic, charger port with No micro SD card slot!

Also when we power on (an underwater bubble break tone is the welcome tone), Oops, i almost forget to say that if the light ring is in Blue color, means that its English version (White color for Chinese). I checked the battery percentage by tapping the Battery Percentage/BT Pairing button once and the voice out said 'Battery percentage is about 60%'

We have to press and hold the same button 2-3 second for BT pairing, on doing this the voice out will be 'Ready To Pair' with the light ring starts to blink, after that turn on the BT on your mobile and connect, then the voice out will say 'Connected' at the same time the blinking light get stable... As simple as that!

My music tower is ready to rock! Will the volume wake up my neighbours? or Crickets makes better sound? Sorry i can't post a video review since i am not a pro

Started off the music with Alison Wonderland x Naderi - Shape Of U (Cover) , Gosh the volume and bass was higher than i expected! (It didn't wake up my neighbours but my parents! Am i in trouble? )

So music days are about to begin, i got my much awaited Mi BT Speaker. I'm so trilled that i don't know how to express my excitement. Well talking about the speaker, the speaker itself is compact and quite attractive. With an entirely metal casing, the Mi Bluetooth Speaker looks great and feels solid and well-built. It's small size and sleek profile also make it easy to handle. The front grille has an interesting dotted pattern. The bottom of the speaker has two small rubber feet for grip, which also help in absorbing some reverberation. It supports Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connectivity. Pairing was quick and flawless. i should say that it's a 'collectors item' must for a Mi fan. Great loudness, bass effect, compact and easy to carry, great battery backup (1500mah). It uses a standard Micro-USB port for charging, which can be done by any of the USB data cable. Should i ask for more? I am full satisfied with this purchase even though i have to pay extra tax. This is a superb product from Mi!

So that all guys, i hope you all liked my simple unboxing thread (i am not a professional reviewer ) Please REPLY your suggestions and opinions below. I will try to post more unboxing threads soon... Until next time, bye guys! This is HSG signing off

My Previous Unboxing Threds

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-08-06 08:42:14
Favorites7 RateRate
Nice... Gr8 product from Mi...
2017-08-06 09:34:09
Thanks for sharing information
2017-08-06 09:40:01
You could have imported Chinese variant, that has SD card support as well.
2017-08-06 09:54:29

Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
arpit.porwalmoon replied at 2017-08-06 20:24:29
You could have imported Chinese variant, that has SD card support as well.

Coz i dnt understand Chinese bro, but i do have a eye on the red color variant ;)

Maybe next time :D
2017-08-06 09:58:37

Join Our Channel: https://goo.gl/A6dT58
Ultimate Device...... With Brilliant Bass Quality and Good Bluetooth Range in Indoors and Outdoors as well....
2017-08-06 09:59:38
thanks for sharing
2017-08-06 10:07:43
Hari Sankar G
Coz i dnt understand Chinese bro, but i do have a eye on the red color variant ;)

Maybe next tim ...

There is nothing much to do with Chinese, because the commands are very limited. I have a speaker which says everything in Chinese, and now I can understand the basic stuff. :p
2017-08-06 10:08:39

Hari Sankar G

Maybe next tim ...

You won't find red in stock, I was also looking for ornage variant. Couldn't find it anywhere
2017-08-06 10:09:15

nice & thanks for information
2017-08-06 10:18:09
Wonderful information
2017-08-06 10:33:20
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

100 threads in a Month
3 Днів поспіль
7 Днів поспіль
21 Днів поспіль
40 Днів поспіль