In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Devices

[Other] 3 Reasons not to buy the new Mi Note 10

2019-11-06 07:18:24
150 1
Hi,
With the release of the new Mi Note 10, to me it becomes instantly clear that i will not switch to it from my Mi9TPro.
Even when the 108mp Camera is super hot i have 3 simple reasons which keeping me off.

1. The phones notch:
After falling in love with the sleek design of the Mi Mix 2s i can't go back to a phone with these ugly black dots pointing on my face.
Additional, with the Mi9TPro and it's pop up camera i found it super easy to find Apps/websites which try to "spy" on me. For example, my Firefox had the permission to use the camera. i didn't realize that until i noticed that from page to page the camera shortly pop up. (I checked the permissions and BAM! Fixed it) With a static front facing camera i had never noticed this happened. So i am not willing to give up this new mechanism of control.

2. Curved Display Glass:
Yeah it looks very cool but that's not enough to trade in to get a ton of unwanted false touch input.
Full screen Videos are partial displayed where i can't see them. To me it's like non black bars.
And worst last, these kind of displays don't allow to protect them with an tempered glass screen protector.

3. Off-centre Camera modules.
I bought the Mi9TPro because it's one of the rare Xiaomi flagships with centered rear Camera modules. I really like the symmetry. Which is what finalize the love to a phone for me.
When it's placed somewhere (on the couch, car, table, etc.)and i look at it, ..man it's so nice when i just see a shiny black surface(display facing up) or shiny black with slight carbon fiber which surrounds perfectly symmetric camera modules. Beautiful AF.

Final thoughts:
Hopefully the Mi 10 will have centered 108mp Camera module(s) and the fantastic privacy protecting pop up camera ❤️.

Whats your opinion?
Do you share my thoughts?
2019-11-06 07:18:24
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, mate :-) There are really not that many reasons for switching to ANY other phone (at least for a decently long while) for MI 9 T Pro owners, mate :-)
2019-11-07 01:38:53