In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Q&A] how do the 2mp camera of Mi A3 works?

2019-10-21 10:39:23
278 5
I don't think the 2mp camera is functioning
2019-10-21 10:39:23
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6257187807 Author | from Mi A3

Thanks for reply maam. I tried to cover the 3rd Cam (2mp sensor) while using the camera in all it's shooting option. It did'nt affected the camera performance at all
2019-10-21 19:08:22

Master Bunny

Peter666 | from Redmi 5A

oliveiraana.naath
It's not accessible in the Stock camera, it just works as a processing complement; it's used to improve photo depth telemetry; however using 3rd party apps, like Gcam, with elevated permissions, e.g. by setting SELinux to Permissive, or installing into /system/priv-app directory; it's possible to use the depth sensor (2MP) as primary camera, however I must warn you, the purpose it's only to be a companion sensor, the individual results is very bad. You can find a sample photo from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a3/themes/gcam-cameras-t3969509

Olá Ana, além de seres muito bonita és uma verdadeira expert nestas questões!😇
2019-10-22 07:40:44
NÉMESIS
Portrait mode using rear camera will be faster and more accurate for human, especially, non-human subjects with the assist of the 2MP camera. Think of it this way: your test have given the camera portrait mode one of the worst case scenario and yet it still works albeit slower and inaccurate on detecting edges and distance. I don't see any disadvantages in this type of scenario.
2019-10-22 09:18:35