In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[Discussion] MI Community Experience

2019-10-20 16:22:58
126 5
Hello Myans (or Mi-ans, however you pronounce it).

Recently new in the Xiaomi family of devices, but my brother introduced me to this brand. He owns a Redmi 6 and I a Mi 8 Lite. How has your experience been so far with this brand of phones?
2019-10-20 16:22:58
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

hi there, welcome to Mi Community, mate _/\_
Xiaomi devices are well engineered, reliable, extremely good value for money. Of course, I'm speaking only about my/our own experience with in total 5 different Xiaomi devices, some users might not agree so. Only that much: no device is unlocked or altered, no device experienced ever any problem so far.
Good luck to you as well as your brother with your Mi phones, mate :-)
2019-10-20 23:34:58

Semi Pro Bunny

Fries75 | from Mi A2 Lite

so far its ok, nothing special really.
updates Android one program could be better (faster)
2019-10-21 04:16:46

Advanced Bunny

Sacrimony Author | from MI 8 Lite

Fries75
so far its ok, nothing special really.
updates Android one program could be better (faster)

And the ads also ... I've disabled most of them but still, why are they necessary for a paid product? I know Xiaomi manufactures great products at a cheaper price, but do they really need the ads???
2019-10-21 06:46:09

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

Sacrimony
And the ads also ... I've disabled most of them but still, why are they necessary for a paid product? I know Xiaomi manufactures great products at a cheaper price, but do they really need the ads???

It's reported that India has 80 million Miui users and as the chief honcho claims a profit is not made on phone sales , the answer is Yes the company probably need the ads .
It's reported there are 100 mil users globally and looking at prices in my countries one official store might lead me to think If I bought there I would be subsidising other continents :-))

2019-10-22 07:52:15
Sacrimony replied at 2019-10-21 18:46:09

All the ads can be disabled completely. I've been using my Pocophone with ads but after disabling all the setting related to ads, they're gone. I actually like this approach as compared to making the phone more expensive without ads. Ads can be disabled, expensive pricing isn't.
2019-10-22 08:45:15