In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 2S

[Tips] 请帮助 HELP ME

2019-10-17 08:59:27
287 7
I brushed the latest MIUI 10.3.6, FLASH TWRP3.3.1.1,brushed MAGISK V20 has been restarting TWRP, can not enter the system.
2019-10-17 08:59:27
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Hi,
Enter fastboot mode and flash the latest firmware with MiFlash tool.

2019-10-18 02:50:12
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>
Abycho_LG replied at 2019-10-18 07:50:12
Hi,
Enter fastboot mode and flash the latest firmware with MiFlash tool.

I brushed the latest MIUI 10.3.6, brushed MAGISK V20 has been restarting TWRP, can not enter the system
2019-10-18 09:10:20
ProdigioMagico replied at 2019-10-18 08:10:20
I brushed the latest MIUI 10.3.6, brushed MAGISK V20 has been restarting TWRP, can not enter the system

But can you enter fastboot mode (press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously)?

If you can, connect the phone to PC  and using the fastboot.exe utility, type in:

fastboot oem device-info
2019-10-18 11:49:17
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>

Rookie Bunny

ProdigioMagico Author | from mobile

Abycho_LG
But can you enter fastboot mode (press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously)?

If you can, connect the phone to PC  and using the fastboot.exe utility, type in:

My phone is unlocked, I want to install magisk root, does mix2s not support magisk v20?  I also tried v19 v18 v17 are not able to enter the system, always restart twrp
2019-10-18 16:59:12

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

ProdigioMagico
My phone is unlocked, I want to install magisk root, does mix2s not support magisk v20?  I also tried v19 v18 v17 are not able to enter the system, always restart twrp

I think that you don't need to use TWRP, you can root the phone with Magisk Manager boot image patch method.
You might go back to stock firmware flashing with MiFlash, patch the boot image with Magisk Manager and flash the patched boot with fastboot utility.

2019-10-19 07:36:59
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>

Rookie Bunny

ProdigioMagico Author | from mobile

Abycho_LG
I think that you don't need to use TWRP, you can root the phone with Magisk Manager boot image patch method.
You might go back to stock firmware flashing with MiFlash, patch the boot image with Magisk Manager and flash the patched boot with fastboot utility.

It looks a bit difficult, where is the tutorial?  I am a newbie
2019-10-19 16:05:49
Abycho_LG replied at 2019-10-19 12:36:59

Copy the boot/recovery image to your device
Download and install the latest Magisk Manager
If you are patching a recovery image, manually check “Recovery Mode” in Advanced Settings!
Press Install → Install → Select and Patch a File, and select your stock boot/recovery image file
Magisk Manager will patch the image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img
Copy the patched image from your device to your PC. If you can’t find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB:
adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
Flash the patched boot/recovery image to your device and reboot. For most devices, here is the fastboot command:
fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk_patched.img or
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/magisk_patched.img if you are patching a recovery image

No, still can't enter the system, restart the official RECOVERY after brushing, I don't know if it is because MAGISK ROOT does not support GLOBAL ROM?
2019-10-20 19:18:13