In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 8/Pro

[Tips] Recovering Deleted Photos From Your Phone

2019-10-13 02:33:38
1446 14

Hei Mi fans,

Wassup people? Well, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. What have we today? As the title goes, we are going to recover photos that has been deleted. What had happened is, while juggling between phones and moving media data around eventually how careful you are, you eventually get caught with commiting a minute mistake. I had prepared those photos for my food article and accidentally deleted them even before it could get sync with the Mi Cloud. How frustrating can it gets, so today I am going give some tips at least to get a glimpse of your precious shots, if you lucky and patience enough you will be more than satisfied. As for my case I managed to recover a few high resolution images via data digging apps. Even though they are deleted they can still be recovered since it is still stored on your storage which will eventually be gone once the data address is overwritten. So a good advice is not to invoke any activity until you recover those deleted photos.

The mechanic of recovery
After a file deleted, it doesn’t get wiped from the disk. However, the file system will simply mark the deleted file and will not display you the file when you browse the contents of the disk, hence, the file system is completely free to overwrite the contents of the deleted file with new data. The following file that is saved by the file system may simply be written on top of the deleted one. If it happens, the deleted record will really be lost forever. In order, to go deeper rooting is necessary to access the low-level of the OS.

Using DiskDigger app to recover
For this tutorial, DiskDigger is my perfect choice to help me recover my deleted "Food photos" that I accidentally deleted without the hassle of rooting my device. To start off, just download the DiskDigger app from the link down below.

Download and install DiskDigger app. Next launch the app. Then click the purple bar "Start Basic Photo Scan" for basic scanning without root involve which many other apps require.

DiskDigger will then scans the file system for deleted files and display them as shown.

Next go-to settings the gear icon on top, to choose for the minimum size of the image and minimum date of image or at least before the occurrence of deletion. This will help to narrow the scan and save you time of scanning. After you entered those details proceed to "Ok".

It will display the scan results of your criteria. Take note, the scan results will also include all the existing photos in your Gallery. To examine more details of the photo or to view the recovered photo, just tap & hold the thumbnail and the popped window with the Filename, dimension and size details will appear as shown below.

After that is done, select the photos by marking the boxes to recover the lost photos and click Recover on the bottom. Next, it will prompt you "How would you like to recover your files?".  As for my case, I chose to save them in my device "Download" folder as the destination for easy access later on. Finally, click "Ok" to confirm.

And that's all to it, you can always NO, THANKS to exit or proceed to UPGRADE TO PRO at your own choice.

To confirm the saving of the photo, you will receive a notification on your lockscreen with the destination, in case you forgot. You can either browse this folder or browse the Album/Recent from your Gallery where you can find them as well.

Filename has been changed. Take note of the size and resolution of the recovered photo.

High resolution of the original photo.

Can only salvage the lower resolution, for keeps.

My Thoughts
I really appreciate and thankful that I managed to partly recover my deleted photos to be able to continue my "Food Journey With Redmi Note 8 Pro" thread using DiskDigger app. Since, my device is not rooted, I am satisfied with the results so far, although some of the recovered photos are of low resolution. But at least I could still hang on to the photos that I cherish. As a word for advise always, backup or auto-sync with Mi Cloud, Dropbox or Google Photos app before you regretted it. The best way to avoid losing your precious photos in the first place is to keep them backed up somewhere.

"Solving with simplicity"

2019-10-13 02:33:38
Favorites16 RateRate

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Thanks for sharing with us!
2019-10-13 02:53:15

Master Bunny

wasimghafar | from Redmi Note 5A

thanks
2019-10-13 03:48:28

Master Bunny

miSpeed | from Redmi Note 4