In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] 70Mai Mini Dash Cam (MiDrive D05) - HD NIGHT VISION [XEGG.Review]

2019-10-19 04:22:33
3646 44

Hello Mi Community,

In this XEGG.R I will review a
RedDot Award winning Dash Cam.

The Mini Dash Cam (model: MiDrive D05)
is an out-of-your-sight compact sized digital video camera made by 70mai, a Xiaomi Ecological Chain Enterprise.
It Comes with an HD Night Vision image sensor, Capturing 1600P Video's at day or night, through all weather conditions.

The 70Mai Mini Dash cam claims to be:
"Always there for your safety, Never in Your Vision"

This article will show you how to install the 70mai Mini Dashcam and what's possible within the official APP. Finally, X-EGG will provide you video footage in different types of (weather) conditions.

Reasons Why you need a Dashcam:

Using a Dashcam will bring you countless benefits.
Some of the main advantages are:

Evidence in Accidents:
The most important reason for drivers.
Dashcams record footage as soon as you start your car.
Unfortunately, Accidents can happen to anyone.
With a dash cam installed you can deliver real-time video to proof other parties you wasn't the one to blame.

Crime report:
Some Dash Cams come with an alarm system when parked.
Equipped with a built-in battery these dash cams start recording as soon as it senses an impact.
Think about aa vehicle that crashes into yours or someone that wrecks your car on purpose.

Insurance fraud:
People who try to get hit by a car on purpose to get paid by the drivers insurance.
Unfortunately, this is reality....
With help of the Dashcam you can expose these 'fake victims'.

Capturing road trip:
People love sharing memories. A dash cam can be used to capture a trip or beautiful scene you come across.

Dashcams not allowed in certain countries:
Before using a Dashcam always check if it's legally allowed in your country and those you will visit.

70mai Mini Dash Cam (MiDrive D05)

Unboxing:
**unfortunatly the box came in damaged

1x 70mai Mini Dash Cam

1x USB Cable

1x Power adapter (charger)

2x Electrostatic Sticker
1x Mounting bracket

1x Crowbar

1x User manual

Specs:
The 70mai Mini Dash Cam is made for those who want to have extra security.
It is especially made to capture everything while driving or when being parked, hence, it's there when you need it.
There is no voice control, No Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and doesn't come with a display. Instead of all these extra features the 70mai Mini Dash Cam is fully focused on giving the user superior 1600P footage in all weather conditions, day or night!

Let me show you a comparison between all 70Mai Dash cams:

• View: 140 degrees
  • Processor: Huawei HiSilicon Hi3556V200 2-cores
  • Resolution: 2560x1600 H.265/H.264 codec, 30 fps
  • Image sensor: OmniVision OS05A10 , 5 MP, aperture range: F1.8, 6 lenses
  • HD Night Vision
  • 1600P Video Quality!
  • WiFi connection: 2.4GHz 802.11 b / g / n
  • Shock sensor (to record impacts)
  • Parking mode
  • Battery: 500mAh Li-Ion Battery
  • Support MicroSD Cards from 16 to 64 GB (10 class)
  • Connector: MicroUSB , 5V 1.5A voltage, cable length 3.5 m
  • Dimensions (L x W x H): 86.9 x 47.0 x 31.9 mm

Features:

WDR (Wide Dynamic Range):
WDR technology can adjust exposure balance, enabling the camera to pick up greater detail in darkness and highlights, allowing the dash cam to process more light on the sensor and produce a more vibrant image.

Loop Recording:
Video files are stored on a memory card, with the newest video continuously overwriting the oldest. After installation, the camera requires no user input or intervention - it turns on when the ignition is on, and stops when the vehicle is shut off.

Collision recording:
The 70Mai mini is equipped with a G sensor.
As soon as the Dash Cam detects an collision it will record a 1 minute video which will be stored in a different map.

Parking Mode (Built in Battery):
The Mini is equipped with a high temperature resistant 500Mah Lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully charged the camera will guard your car at times it is parked for 24 hours.

Hardware Installation:
** always check the User manual before installation. 70mai developed a complete guide to anything that's related to this particular device: https://help.70mai.asia/640.html*** Come prepared and be sure to have an Micro SD Card with at least Speed Class 10 and 16GB of storage.

Mounting + Cable management:

To install the 70mai Mini Dashcam you don't need to be an expert because it can be easily done by yourself.
Following the steps inside the user manual or guide will lead you through the complete process.

Step 1:
Clean Windshield + install electrostatic sticker

Do a good cleaning

Install the electrostatic sticker right behind the rearview

Step 2:
Paste bracket (with cam) on the electrostatic sticker

Attach the dash cam to the mounting bracket

Remove the protecting cover from the mount

Paste it correctly within the dotted area!

Standing in front of your car it looks like this.

View from Driving seat (Invisible!)

Step 3: Connect Usb cable
Use the Orange/Red port!

*I've chosen to use the Mi Wireless Car charger adapter
as its secondary port provides
the correct output for the 70Mai Mini to operate.

Cable is connected

Step 4: Align and hide the cable

It is advised to align the cable over the passenger side, also the easiest way to do!

** I've chosen to align it on the driver's side because my Mi wireless Car charger is placed over there.
I don't want to have cables coming from all sides. I removed the A-Pillar, rubber sealing and a part of the dashboard to hide the cable.

Cable goes behind the A-Pillar

Use the crowbar to push the cable inside the gap

hiding the cable is child's play

APP Installation
Use Google Play store or IOS to download the 70mai app and create a account:

• Once registered, open the 70mai app and tap “Add Device”.
  • Find “70mai Mini Dash Cam” in the device list, and tap the device picture to enter the connection process.
  • Turn on the Dash Cam’s Wi-Fi hotspot and then complete the connection according to the prompts on the app screen.

Important notice:
To prevent having trouble to stay connected to the 70mai dash cam
I can advise you to turn off Wifi Assistant (Wifi advanced settings).
This will prevent your phone by switching automatically to a different network.

NEW Software Update:

70mai is a company that listens to their customers.
As soon as you connect the device to the 70mai app you will receive a message telling you there is an new update available.
This will give you the abillity to record up to 3 minutes instead of a maximum of 1 minute. This was a big request made by many 70mai users.
Another massively asked request is to have an option to remove the 70mai logo stamp in each video.
This will happen in an upcoming update which is planned in November.

In Use:

After installation it's time to see what the 70mai Mini Dashcam is capable of.
As soon as I open the APP and connect with the device I'm able to see live action footage.

It's a convenient 'landing page' as I can optimize the positioning of the camera and see the result immediatly.
Another great feature is the fact there is a 'take photo' button to capture a nice picture of what's happening in front of the car:

Besides these 2 features you find a button to access the internal footage by tapping the 'photo album' button. Here you can find everything the mini dash cam captures (Photos & Videos).

Searching for a video goes easy and smooth and recordings will playback within an instance. Seek the one you are looking for and download this to your connected phone to receive the video in full resolution!

In the right upper corner (3 dots) you can enter the settings in order to adjust the 70mai mini Dashcam to your own preferences.Do you want to turn off sound recording? No problem. Change the speaker volume, recording time (in Minutes) and Language. When tapping the advance settings you can adjust many options including the collision sensitivity, parking surveillance, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) and choose between H.265 or H.264 Codec (Video settings).

Physical Buttons:

Below I'll show you a nice overview how to operate the physical buttons

Video Footage:
I've been using the 70mai dashcam for a while now and i'm impressed by the video quality.
Day and Night, no matter the weather, the camera captured a clear view on whats happening in front of me.

Check out my video on Youtube:

Verdict:
When I drive my vehicle i'm confident to say I'm far from being reckless.
Still accidents can happen..
It feels more comfortable knowing there is a camera that provide me footage whenever I need it.

The 70mai Mini Dash cam is easy to install and you wont notice it sticking on your windshield.
As soon as I start the engine, recording begins.
As soon as I park my car, the dashcam will look after it.
Operating the APP to playback footage goes fast and the videos I've downloaded are extremely well captured!

I can recommend the 70mai Mini Dashcam to car-owners who want an invisible "alibi" while being on the road.

Global Mi Fans can purchase From Xiaomi's partner directly at their official stores here

Official website: https://www.70mai.com

Feel free to Follow me or subsribe to my Youtube channel to be notified for my latest MI COMMUNITY articles

Special Thanks To Our Beloved Super admin @Elaine2046 For her Continuous Support.
#No Mi without You

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +70 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-10-19 04:22:33
Favorites18 RateRate

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-10-19 05:30:20

Pro Bunny

PazitoPT | from app

Tks for sharing. Nice review.