In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

Wide dark mode, and Private DNS option!
2019-09-20 21:36:37

Master Bunny

SrikrishnaBabu | from Redmi Y1 Lite

Awesome UI
2019-09-20 22:07:29

Pro Bunny

Tin Naing Zaw | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

New Icon , New UI and font.
2019-09-20 23:01:56

Advanced Bunny

Niplo | from MI 9

user selected fonts,
2019-09-20 23:11:25

Pro Bunny

1603861148 | from Mi MIX 3

more stable system with better security...
2019-09-20 23:27:10

Rookie Bunny

zhalonia | from Redmi Note 5

no ads , no bloatware , best battery consumption and a theme store for the EU ! why do we need to change our region to India to acces IT still.. ? :/
2019-09-20 23:29:21

Device team

Cah Bagos | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

more stable and smooth :)
2019-09-20 23:29:54
Experience is the best teacher..!
Every new MIUI version asks this before its release and each time I always have this one thing to say. We Mi fans have given you guys plenty of things to work on for new MIUI versions. We're still waiting on many of them. That's what we are expecting guys.

Missed features from old MIUI versions

• Showtime: Obviously the big one here is Showtime. Where did it go? Why is it gone? This feature was something great that really set MIUI 7 apart from its competitors. Where EVERY last one of them had the same old feature of contact images here was MIUI with the amazing short video clip instead! This feature has become even more needed these days when we have the theme customization to add a live wallpaper to the incoming call background! So it really clashes now when you have unknown calls coming from strangers that are set to this awesome video clip background and then your own contacts the ones you actually care about are set to a single still image. Some of these images are from a long time ago too so they aren't even HD but there's really no reason to change that image if nothing new is going to come from it. I said this before but the only problem with Showtime originally is that Showtime can't be set. You have to exchange contact cards and the process was tedious. So I say bring back Showtime but set it up just like contact images where we get the choice to set either for our contacts. Just like how we can now set that live wallpaper. Change it up! Name it something else. Whatever. Just get this feature back to us already!
  • Icon Quick Menu: Swipe down on an icon to open up quick menu for the app. We had these for Music and Notes app as far as I know. Why did this go away? What a useful feature to take out of MIUI! Please bring this back and expand on it. Maybe a calculator one (don't worry about that we already have PiP calculator) and a NFC one for Mi Pay and a weather one and so on!
  • Side Tap: Mi4i was the first to come out with something that Samsung would eventually bring to their phones as Edge Touch. But Mi4i's version was far superior with so much potential for new features and shortcuts. Why hasn't there been a second phone with this amazing feature? Well now that MIX α is set to be either a "waterfall" curved screen device or hopefully the double foldable device we were shown in the beginning of the year this feature can easily return. Just make sure (since you'll have to anyway) to have very VERY good palm rejection and then set a few things to happen when that folded part of the screen is touched!
  • Volume Controls: I'm talking the old MIUI 6 controls. We should also have the feature to rotate our finger around the volume circle to raise or lower volume. You know like we used to have for the exposure controls on the camera app? Maybe add swipe down or double tap on the circle to open controls for other volumes like music or notifications. I mean the new MIUI 10 version of the bar is pretty good too but since everybody does bars it isn't as unique. But maybe make both available as options and we'll make our choice.
  • Camera: Speaking about that exposure controls. GIVE US BACK our circle exposure wheel in the camera! Much easier to control than the android bar style. Plus we need our swipe to switch cameras feature back too! And on top of the stuff we need back we need that stupid iOS dial design thing GONE. It is so cumbersome to get from one setting to the next.
  • Double tap app icon to show notifications (joshsuf404)

Expected New Features

• Fingerprint Scanning Display: This was what I expected Mi5S to have all those many years ago since it advertized the Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner so much. Months before the phone released I had talked about how Microsoft filed a patent for that Full Under the Display Fingerprint Sensor. Then we didn't get it until Huawei got it and it was just in a tiny part of the screen. Vivo so far is the only one to expand that area and it was still only about half of the screen. We are in dire need of a full screen surface that can accurately read fingerprints. Come on it is 2019!
  • One hand mode: Upgrade this feature. I find that it is hard to hold the phone in one hand if I have to reach for something on the side of the screen closest to my hand because my thumb is pulling back too far. How about if we can custom set the shrunken screen to a part of the screen that we are more comfortable with? For me personally I want to lift it up from the bottom and put it more in the middle of the screen.
  • PiP/Floating Apps: This is the other Samsung feature besides that useless split screen thing that was very interesting and I still see so much potential for it. Our screens keep getting bigger and bigger and much more sensitive. Thankfully Xiaomi's started seeing this potential too but we only have messaging app windows and the calculator. We totally need more than that. I'm hoping all of them will get an option to allow them to set to floating windows.
  • Multi Space: Second Space is a great feature for Mi Phones since we mostly have giant sized hard drives now. But even from a 64GB Mi Phone level we can easily have more than 2 spaces. I suggest that we upgrade Second Space to Multi Space so the phone can be separated into as many partitions as we might want. This can become something like the most advanced form of Guest Mode where you can set up your 2 spaces BUT add on a default Guest Space and maybe another specific guest space for specific people that you might want to let on your phone from time to time. A Child Space for example which can be a much powerful replacement for Child Mode. Instead of just a few apps on a limited home screen that makes it look like iOS you can give the child a full MIUI experience minus editting features that they might accidentally use. Additionally a while back Indian users noticed that Second Space was a great way to protect their data from people who might try to install malware because that malware will only affect the space that it was installed on. Which I find really cool and nobody else has replicated that ability yet except maybe Huawei but so far it hasn't gotten any attention.
  • Raw Image Format: Recently I asked some camera savvy people here what this was and found out it was a very important tool for them in image edeiting. Since most people these days use their phone as their main camera we should have this feature. Plus I think even Apple has it so we might as well get it too.
  • GIF Recorder/Converter: I requested this one for a long time and it could be part of the camera feature update. If we could record lower res videos and save them as GIFs or convert our videos to gifs from the editor. It doesn't even have to be new really. Just make it like Samsung did back on ExperienceUI. (I think it broke or disappeared on OneUI because my coworkers can't seem to get their to work anymore lol)
  • Landscape View: This iOS feature might be harder to do on android devices and MIUI too because of the third party widgets but hey Samsung somehow figured it out. Might be useful when let's say you're exiting out of an app that's on landscape like a game or the video player.
  • Play music in-call (SRD21)
  • Lockscreen Access to Calculator (Mystery0001)
  • Customize Lock/Unlock Sound (Aero601069)
  • Jarvis: Or Vision. Ultron? (RushabMehta) By that I mean LANGUAGE SUPPORT! Xiao Ai is awesome. But she's Chinese only. And we're not. So at least give us English support and then start working on other support.

Rewriting this list I can see that many features have been given to us. But this list is still here meaning there's still more to go! Let's see these features!
2019-09-20 23:31:47

Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from MI 8

Lots seems to have been said/written by #38; a Resource Team and I for one also have many to pour out but can you coup with the present predicament ??
2019-09-21 00:14:21

Beta Team-Global

Fahrlehrer16 | from MIX 3

system wide dark mode
2019-09-21 00:54:48