In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[ROM] BOOTLOOP AFTER FACTORY RESET

2019-09-12 16:21:46
296 6
  • 2019-09-13
  • 6244021770:

http://en.miui.com/thread-4939043-1-1.html
    I am in the same situation, my Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite went into infinite loop after factory reset. consequently I don't have usb debugging enabled, nor bootloader unlocked.

How will I install the stock ROM on my phone?

2019-09-12 16:21:46
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

lg03 Author |

Before you ask ... Yes, I can charge the phone battery, enter recovery mode and boot normally
2019-09-12 16:24:57

Master Bunny

Prima99 | from app

If you can enter recovery mode, you can try with MI PC Suite
https://c.mi.com/thread-1015363-1-0.html
2019-09-12 18:10:18

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

lg03
Before you ask ... Yes, I can charge the phone battery, enter recovery mode and boot normally

Hi,
If you mean fastboot normally, then type in:
fastboot getvar product

2019-09-13 01:02:03
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>
I got the same issue on MI A2, but not after factory reset , I guess it was after automatic update.
I have no usb debuging, no unlocked loader, and stock Android recovery, but phone is only visible in PC in two cases:
1. fastboot - but without usb debuging it is unusable
2. Apply update from ADB - but when i tried to:
adb sideload d:/twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-jasmine_sprout.zip
it gives me:
E: Footer is wrong
E: Signature verification failed
E:error: 21
Also I have very important data on that phone, and I need to get it back, is it even poossible ?
2019-09-28 19:06:40

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Mizlom
I got the same issue on MI A2, but not after factory reset , I guess it was after automatic update.
I have no usb debuging, no unlocked loader, and stock Android recovery, but phone is only visible in PC in two cases:
1. fastboot - but without usb debuging it is unusable

Hi,
1. Enter fastboot mode
2. Connect the phone to PC and check if it's detected (look device manager)
3. If the phone is detected, type in:
fastboot devices
fastboot getvar product

2019-10-01 11:16:24
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>

Master Bunny

emgi2 | from Mi A2

Boot into fastboot, than on Pc install adb and fastboot. After that download Mi Flash tool. After that download from mi Community in section download your rom. Extract that by winrar. After that open mi flash tool and click flash. If it will get stuck, reboot phone again into fastboot and now on Pc enter CMD. There write 2 commands: 1) fastboot flashing unlock_critical, on phone you will choose yes. Boot again into fastboot and enter second command: 2) fastboot boot edl. And now again flash rom by edl. If the bootloader will be open after installing, just reboot again into fastboot and write: fastboot oem lock.
2019-10-03 01:37:58
Replied by Mi A2.