Accessories

[Tips] Mi Protect by Mi India: Covers accidental, liquid damage and more!

2016-06-19 01:55:05
31067 350

Hey MIUI ers,
             How you been victim of your phone getting damaged by accidents? Like dropping it bucket of water, getting wet in Rainy season, or dropping on road and some heavy vehicle crushing it etc. Well in above scenarios your phone cannot be covered under warranty as they all are caused by mistakes from you. Because of it you need to pay heavily for your device to get repaired. Well from now there will be no problem, As Mi India has started Mi Protect service officially.

Complete Information of Mi Protect:

Safeguard your Mi device against accidental / liquid damage
Scared of dropping your device in hot liquid, or down astair case? We understand that the repair costs are sometimes prohibitively expensive.Hence we bring you Mi Protect. Pay a nominal fee while purchasing your device and get 1-year accidental & liquid damage coverage to protect your Mi device against possible damages.

Buy Mi Protect & get 12 month warranty againstaccidents
Buy Mi Protect along with your phone and get a 1-year free maintenance service.
In case of any accidental or liquid damage to your Mi phone, just call the MiProtect customer service team at 1800 407 333 333, 1800 123 3330 or 0 8080 333333 to explain the issue. They will send the relevant personnel to your address to check the issue and initiate the free servicing.

Check if your damage is applicable to claim Mi Protect

Frequently Asked Questions about Mi Protect

1. What all benefits are provided under Mi Protect?
Mi Protect protects your Mi phone against any kind ofaccidental and liquid damage. Also it provides you an array of other benefits as mentioned below:
24x7 call center support to report damages
One call to block your SIM from anywhere in the world
SIM misuse insurance cover of upto Rs. 3000
Accidental and liquid damage protection
Doorstep pickup and drop for repair
Smartphone assistance to resolve all your Mi phone related queries
Docusafe of upto 1GB to store and access all your important document from anywhere in the world

2.How do I enrollfor Mi Protect?
Once you receive thephone, please call One Assist customer care number at 1800 407 333333, 1800 1233330 or 0 8080 333 333 to activate the plan.

3.Which phone models are covered under Mi Protect?
Mi Protect are available for all Mi mobile models sold on mi.com only.

4.What is the validity of Mi Protect?

Mi Protect is valid for 1 year from the day of membership activation.

5.My phone is under manufacturer warranty, why do I need MiProtect?
Physical damages like screen damages or any other hardware damages due to liquid spill etc are not covered under manufacturer warranty and may cost you subsequentrepair charges. Mi Protect provides you protection against accidental and liquid damages, so that your phone is protected fully through out your membership.

6.Do I need to pay any additional charges when claiming theprotection (in case of accidental / liquid damage)?

Asper standard insurance claim guidelines, you would need to pay a nominal fee of 3% of the repair cost or Rs. 300 (whichever is higher) when you claim the protection against your damaged Mi phone. For example, if the phone repair costis Rs. 6000, then you would need to pay Rs. 300 directly to One Assist Pvt.Ltd. and Mi Protect will pay the rest. In case the repair cost is Rs. 12000,the you would need to pay Rs. 360 while the rest would be borne by Mi Protect.

7.I bought a new Mi Phone; can I transfer my Mi Protectmembership to my new phone?
Yes, Mi Protect give your advantage to transfer your remaining period of membership to your new Mi Phone if you have bought it from Mi.com only. Just call OneAssist customer support at 1800 407 333 333, 1800 123 3330 or 0 8080 333 333 to place a membership transfer request. The plan fee for the reminder of the period basis the new handset coverage will be communicated to you once you advice OneAssist about the new device purchased on Mi.com
8.Can I cancel my Mi Protect membership?
Yes, you can cancel your Mi Protect membership upto 30 Days from the date of purchase provided there isno claim in your membership. OneAssist will refund the applicable amount to you directly, and the refund would not be processed by mi.com (Xiaomi).
With 30 Days of activation: Eligibility for 100% Refund
After 31 Days of Purchase: No Refund
Please note that if you have already you have used any services of Mi Protect, including a claim process, then cancellation in not permitted.
Please call Mi Protect on1800 123 3330 | 1800 407 333 333 | 0 8080 333 333 if you need further clarifications on your cancellation request.

9.I have purchased a phone, can I purchase Mi Protect separately now?
These specific Mi Protectcan be purchased online at Mi.com along with purchase of Mi handset and not standalone.

10.How do I claim insurance for Accidental damage or LiquidDamage?
Please call One Assist customer service number 1800 407 333 333, 1800 123 3330 or 0 8080 333 333 and report the type of damage immediately after the occurrence of the event and post this we will send you the claim form to file your claims. You need to submit the relevant documents required to process your claim along with the damaged device photos to start the cashless repair process. The complete set of documents along with the duly filled claim form should reach One Assist within 7days from the date of reporting the event.

11.The screen of my Mi phone is damaged accidently, do Ineed to pay for it repair?
If you have purchased the Mi Protect along with your Mi phone on mi.com, then you don’t need to pay for the repair. One Assist will arrange for damaged device pickup from your residence, get it repaired and deliver your handset at your residence. You just need to pay nominal excess charges or processing fee as per the terms and condition shared with you during the time of activation.

12.When do I get to see the Terms and Condition of Mi Protect?
At the time of activation,you will receive a welcome mail with your membership details and the detailed Terms & Condition link.

13.Ihave already made a claim under Mi Protect, am I allowed to make another claim?
Yes, you can make another claim (up to 2 claims) during the tenure of your Mi Protect membership, provided your previous claim is not settled under Total Loss or Beyond Economic Repair category.

14.What is Total Loss or Beyond Economic repair category?
The handset when not repairable or the condition when repair cost of handset is 75% of handset Invoice value it is considered as Total Loss OR Beyond Economic Repaircategory. You will get applicable amount as per the Terms & Condition for your handset in such scenarios.

15.What is not covered under this policy?
The scenarios which won'tbe covered are under Insurance are…
  • Loss or damage to the Gadget due to mysterious circumstances / disappearance or unexplained reasons.
  • Loss of Gadget resulting from or caused by theft, or attempted theft from unlocked vehicles or rooms.
  • Fraud or criminal activityon the part of the Insured and the Subscriber.
  • Claim on gadget during the hire or loan of the insured gadget to a third party.
  • Loss resulting from detention or confiscation by customs or other Government or public authorities.
  • Any failure of the Gadget to operate as a result of problems with respect to the network infrastructure, Subscriber's network subscription or similar service issues.
  • Loss of or Damage to the Gadget that is registered in the name of a Corporate Entity, unless a nominee has been appointed by them as a Bonafide user.
  • Loss arising due to any unlawful act or illegal activities including criminal acts, or acts of war or the handset is used with permission of the Bonafide Subscriber having knowledge of such acts.
  • Consequential loss of anykind or description.
  • Liability to any party of any nature including but not limited to liability of Authorised Service centre to other parties.
  • Loss or damage caused by incorrect storage, poor maintenance, wilful negligence, incorrect installation, incorrect set-up, unless the authorised Service Centre representative would confirm otherwise with due substantiation.
  • Loss or damage as a result of attack by un-authorised software/virus, software faults and manufacturing defect owing to which a gadget fails to operate.
  • Loss or damage that is covered by a supplier, dealer or factory warranty.
  • Any loss if the ownership of the gadget is transferred.
  • Any consequence arising from War, War lime operations (whether War declared or not) , Act of Foreign Enemy, Hostilities, Civil War, Rebellion, Insurrection, Civil Commotion, Military usurped power, Seizure, Capture, Confiscation, Arrest. Restraints and or Detainment by order of any Government or any other Authority.
  • Any liability whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from ionizing radioactive or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purpose of this exclusion only combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission.
  • Any loss, destruction, damage or legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapon materials, Wear and tear, moth, vermin orgradual deterioration, inherent defect or from any process of cleaning or repairing or renovating or maintenance.
  • Any type of self-repair or attempted self-repair.
  • Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown or electronic derangement or malfunction unless caused by an external accidental means or liquid.
  • Penalties of delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency.
  • Intentional overloading of the instrument. Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting into any abnormal conditions.
  • Cost of Replacement of Battery unless caused by an accidental or liquid damage to the Gadget.
  • Any damage or loss occasioned from any water borne craft, unless such damage is caused by the accidental ingress of liquid/water, and if the Subscriber has taken reasonable care to protect the Gadget from damage.
  • Any manufacturing defectwhich is covered under Manufacturer's warranty Product defects whether latent /inherent or not.
  • Any loss of or damage to the SIM card / memory card unless caused by an insured peril.
  • Loss or damage to accessories unless they are attached to the Gadget.
  • Internal leakage of the battery, unless caused by an insured peril. Theft or Damage occurred while the Gadget is situated outside India providing the subscriber is a Non Resident Indian.
  • Any instance where you are not a resident of India at the time that the Theft or Damage occurred.
  • Any type of SIM / airtime misuse or consequential loss there of.
  • Any loss the named Subscribers may suffer or cost to the Subscriber for:
  • Damage to or Theft of, or costs or charges, when repairing or replacing aerials or battery chargers where these items are the only part of the gadget that have been Damaged or stolen;
  • Any Damage or Theft caused by any deliberate act or negligence by the Insured Member(s), their employees or any person using the gadget with their permission;
  • Costs or charges when replacing car kits or car Devices and other accessories which can no longer be used with the gadget;
  • Costs involved in returning the gadget for repair, or collecting the gadget once it has been repaired;
  • Costs caused by the gadget being routinely serviced, inspected, adjusted or cleaned;
  • Any loss related to indemnification for the Value added services
  • The Insurer shall not beliable for any loss or damage claim due to the inability of the Subscriber and insured to submit either of the claim processing and claim payment documents required by the Insurer for processing the Claim
  • The policy shall not beliable for any claim if information has intentionally been withheld or incorrect information or misrepresentations have been intentionally given that are of significance to the assessment of the claim.

16.My Phone is more than 1 year old, can I buy Mi Protect now?
No, Mi Protect is available only along with new phone bought from Mi.com.

Source: Mi.Com/In

Rate

Number of participants 18 Experience +46 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-06-19 01:55:05
Favorites63 RateRate

Bunny Master

Piyush Nagpal | from mobile

I bought Mi Protect worth rs 375.
2016-06-19 09:52:11
Thanks for this info
2016-06-19 09:55:19
Awesome thread...... Very useful and informative :)
2016-06-19 10:40:12
Cool Guide - Thanks for sharing with all of us!
2016-06-19 10:59:25
Mi Protect is vital..Thanks for sharing
2016-06-19 11:17:02
Wow thanks for info
2016-06-19 12:25:17

Bunny Pro

$@! |

nice share........i bought mi protect
2016-06-19 19:22:42
Nice share. :)
2016-06-19 19:24:31
MI protect is now avialable in exclusive service center for the devices ranging from 8001-1400
2016-06-19 20:20:27

Bunny Master

BESTINWORLD | from mobile

Awesome helpful thanks
2016-06-19 21:21:10