Mi Router 3C

[Discussion] Very disappointed with Mi Router and customer care support

2017-06-06 10:21:12
469 9
I have a problem with router which reflect some garbage characters with user ID at ISP's system resulting not able to login. problem share with Customer support with all possible way and their suggestions but nothing workout. very silly and unpredictable reply from back office support. I'm really fade up with such customer policy. Moreover they says some one contact me from technical team within 24 to 48 working days. Really such kinda support may make Xiaomi no 1 from bottom soon.
2017-06-06 10:21:12
Favorites RateRate
Hi,
Have you already tried resetting the router?
Please provide the current firmware version of the router.
Also, which ISP are you using?
2017-06-06 11:24:05
Ex Mi Community Moderator

Bunny Avanzado

Pragnesh Mehta Author | from Redmi Note 4

I'm using Hathway. Connection type PPPoE. I did all possible solutions like clone Mac address. reset router. and all thing said by customer care executive. I don't know about Current firmware but it is brand new so whatever firmware they provide in new router, it is same. Received this router on 31st May.
2017-06-06 23:43:50

Bunny Avanzado

Please check below photographs
2017-06-06 23:46:01

Bunny Avanzado

Suniel Jog | from MI 5

Bro i had the same issue of error 691 there is oly one simple solution to call ur internet service provider and they will tel u to switch off ur router for 10 minutes and post 10 minutes if you go to mi wifi app or site you will see your problem has been solved.

your welcome in advance
2017-09-02 12:05:20

Bunny Pro

Chandra Sheker | from Redmi Note 4

It's due to the fact that all ISP'S map their connections using MAC ID of the users Modem / Router for safety purposes. And whenever we hard reset the system or change it to new router the backend system does not allow us to access the service.

You just need to call your service provider and ask them to reset your account once. This will clear all issues of connection with your account.
2017-09-09 03:37:10

Bunny Avanzado

Chandra Sheker
It's due to the fact that all ISP'S map their connections using MAC ID of the users Modem / Router f ...

I did all measures with ISP but not benifited, then complaint to MI. They replace with another router and problem are solved.

It is little hard experience talking with customer care but finally case are resolved with replacement.
2017-09-09 03:42:29

Bunny Semi-pro

Aniket Dubey | from Redmi Note 3

call your ISP and tell them to reset your MAC adress....and then u will able to dial up sucessfully
2017-10-29 22:35:36

Bunny Avanzado

Aniket Dubey
call your ISP and tell them to reset your MAC adress....and then u will able to dial up sucessfully

Thanks Aniket but it's faulty Router replaced by Xiaomi and new one will work smoothly
2017-10-29 22:39:36

Bunny Semi-pro

Aniket Dubey | from Redmi Note 3

Pragnesh Mehta
Thanks Aniket but it's faulty Router replaced by Xiaomi and new one will work smoothly

did u get new router?? if yes..then how many days did they took to replace?
2017-10-30 01:03:47