In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Q&A] [8SE] Need help unlocking bootloader (driver issue?)

2019-08-13 09:57:26
71 1
Hello all,
I'm trying to unlock my MI 8SE bootloader, however I am greeted with the following error upon reaching 50% progress:
Couldn't verify device
Can't get info

After the error, the Mi Unlock Tool just shows "Not connected to the phone" on any subsequent attempts, the connection can only be restored after computer reboot. This is why I am suspecting a driver issue.

Basically I've tried every bit of infomation on the internet, but none of them mention the subsequent inability of detecting phone connection after the first failure. Thus I am posting to seek help.

Here is the application log: https://paste.debian.net/plain/1095622

It can be seen from the log that it tried repeatedly "getvar token" and "getvar product" before bailing out.
2019-08-13 09:57:26
Favorites RateRate

Device team

Arvind Kaushik | from Redmi 6A

Hi,
Disable Drivers Signature Verification in 64 bit PC, Now open Mi Unlock tool and Click right Upper Corner Setting button, and Install All Drivers, Then Reboot your PC. you need Login your Device and Keep Some days Sync (Must Mi Cloud on).
Now boot Device in fastboot mode and Connect to pc by Data Cable,Now Open Driver Manager in PC to Check does your device showing in list as *Android Bootloader Interface*, if showing like that then you can able to Unlock bootloader.
Just Follow This Thread https://c.mi.com/thread-1635834-1-1.html Note:- After unlock All Data will be Erased. Thanks
2019-08-13 11:39:54
Think Positive
MIUI Device Team